The Emerging Market Crisis and Stock Market Linkages: Further Evidence
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Cheng Hsiao & Zijun Wang & Jian Yang & Qi Li, 2006. "The emerging market crisis and stock market linkages: further evidence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 727-744.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rockinger, Michael & Urga, Giovanni, 2000. "The Evolution of Stock Markets in Transition Economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 456-472, September.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S. & Bergman, Michael, 2004.
"Dissecting the PPP puzzle: the unconventional roles of nominal exchange rate and price adjustments,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 135-150, October.
- Yin-wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai & Michael Bergman, 2003. "Dissecting the PPP Puzzle: The Unconventional Roles of Nominal Exchange Rate and Price Adjustments," Working Papers 102003, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai & Michael Bergman, 2003. "Dissecting the PPP Puzzle: The Unconventional Roles of Nominal Exchange Rate and Price Adjustment," CESifo Working Paper Series 924, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bessler, David A. & Yang, Jian, 2003. "The structure of interdependence in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 261-287, April.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & Tse, Yiuman, 1996. "Cointegration tests with conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 401-410, August.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1997. "Dynamic linkages and the propagation mechanism driving major international stock markets: An analysis of the pre- and post-crash eras," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 859-885.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Griffin, John M. & Nardari, Federico & Stulz, Rene M., 2004. "Stock Market Trading and Market Conditions," Working Paper Series 2004-13, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- R. Gaston Gelos & Ratna Sahay, 2001.
"Financial market spillovers in transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 53-86, March.
- Ratna Sahay & R. G Gelos, 2000. "Financial Market Spillovers in Transition Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- King, Mervyn & Sentana, Enrique & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1994.
"Volatility and Links between National Stock Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 901-933, July.
- Mervyn King & Enrique Sentana & Sushil Wadhwani, 1990. "Volatiltiy and Links Between National Stock Markets," NBER Working Papers 3357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balli, Faruk & Hajhoj, Hassan Rafdan & Basher, Syed Abul & Ghassan, Hassan Belkacem, 2015.
"An analysis of returns and volatility spillovers and their determinants in emerging Asian and Middle Eastern countries,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 311-325.
- Balli, Faruk & Basher, Syed Abul & Ghassan, Hassan B. & Alhajhoj, Hassan R., 2014. "An Analysis of Returns and Volatility Spillovers and their Determinants in Emerging Asian and Middle Eastern Countries," MPRA Paper 63860, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Apr 2015.
- Faruk, Balli & Syed Abul, Basher & Hassan, Ghassan & Hassan, Hajhoj, 2015. "An Analysis of Returns and Volatility Spillovers and their Determinants in Emerging Asian and Middle Eastern Countries," MPRA Paper 63847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan F. Kiviet & Zhenxi Chen, 2016. "A critical appraisal of studies analyzing co-movement of international stock markets with a focus on East-Asian indices," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1606, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Kunlin Hsieh & Yuching Hsieh & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2010.
"The Interdependence of Taiwanese and Japanese Stock Prices,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 879-892.
- Hsieh, Kunlin & Hsieh, Yuching & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2010. "The interdependence of Taiwanese and Japanese stock prices," MPRA Paper 21475, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Calice, Giovanni, 2014. "CDX and iTraxx and their relation to the systemically important financial institutions: Evidence from the 2008–2009 financial crisis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 20-37.
- Balli, Faruk & Balli, Hatice O. & Jean Louis, Rosmy & Vo, Tuan Kiet, 2015. "The transmission of market shocks and bilateral linkages: Evidence from emerging economies," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 349-357.
- Numan Ülkü, 2011. "Modeling Comovement among Emerging Stock Markets: The Case of Budapest and Istanbul," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(3), pages 277-304, July.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:98-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guidi, Francesco & Gupta, Rakesh, 2010. "Cointegration and conditional correlations among German and Eastern Europe equity markets," MPRA Paper 21732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kiviet Jan F., 2017.
"Discriminating between (in)valid External Instruments and (in)valid Exclusion Restrictions,"
Journal of Econometric Methods,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Jan F. Kiviet, 2015. "Discriminating between (in)valid external instruments and (in)valid exclusion restrictions," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 15-04, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- Jan F. Kiviet, 2016. "Discriminating between (in)valid external instruments and (in)valid exclusion restrictions," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1508, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Andreou, Elena & Matsi, Maria & Savvides, Andreas, 2013.
"Stock and foreign exchange market linkages in emerging economies,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 248-268.
- Elena Andreou & Maria Matsi & Andreas Savvides, 2013. "Stock and Foreign Exchange Market Linkages in Emerging Economies," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 01-2013, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Nistor, Costel & Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2009. "The impact of the US stock market on the Romanian stock market in the context of the financial crisis," MPRA Paper 36862, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Feb 2012.
- Rousova, Linda, 2009. "Are the Central European Stock Markets Still Different? A Cointegration Analysis," Discussion Papers in Economics 10993, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- repec:bor:bistre:v:17:y:2017:i:1:p:25-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Lixiong & Lee, Chingnun & Shie, Fu Shuen, 2014. "How close a relationship does a capital market have with other markets? A reexamination based on the equal variance test," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 198-226.
- Beirne, John & Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Schulze-Ghattas, Marianne & Spagnolo, Nicola, 2010.
"Global and regional spillovers in emerging stock markets: A multivariate GARCH-in-mean analysis,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 250-260, September.
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2009. "Global and Regional Spillovers in Emerging Stock Markets: A Multivariate GARCH-in-Mean Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 942, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2009. "Global and Regional Spillovers in Emerging Stock Markets: A Multivariate GARCH-in-mean Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 2794, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:nax:conyad:v:62:y:2017:i:4:p:1063-1080 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2018:v:19:i:1:kiviet:chen is not listed on IDEAS
- Petmezas, Dimitris & Santamaria, Daniel, 2014. "Investor induced contagion during the banking and European sovereign debt crisis of 2007–2012: Wealth effect or portfolio rebalancing?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(PB), pages 401-424.
- Hui, Eddie C.M. & Chen, Jia, 2012. "Investigating the change of causality in emerging property markets during the financial tsunami," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(15), pages 3951-3962.
- Jiadong Tong & Zijun Wang & Jian Yang, 2016. "Information Flow Between Forward and Spot Markets: Evidence From the Chinese Renminbi," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(7), pages 695-718, July.
- Francisca Pérez, 2013. "Are International Market Linkages Stronger? Comparison between 1990s and 2000s," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 687, Central Bank of Chile.
- Jamal BOUOIYOUR & Refk SELMI, 2016. "The responses of BRICS Equities to China's Slowdown: A Multi-Scale Causality Analysis," Working Papers 2015-2016_7, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised May 2016.
- Li, Hong & Majerowska, Ewa, 2008. "Testing stock market linkages for Poland and Hungary: A multivariate GARCH approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 247-266, September.
- repec:spr:jqecon:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40953-016-0067-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmarket linkages; emerging stock markets; generalized impulse response analysis; generalized forecast error variance decomposition; rolling VAR analysis;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2005-10-29 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FIN-2005-10-29 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-29 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-TRA-2005-10-29 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:scp:wpaper:05-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieuscus.html .