Analysis of Linkages between Central and Eastern European Capital Markets
The aim of the research is analysis of short- and long-term international relations between stock exchanges in Central and Eastern Europe. The analysis is provided in 3 stages. In the first step the order of the variables integration is examined. In the second stage short-run relationships for pairs of indexes are analyzed using Granger causality test. In the last step long-run relationships for pairs of indexes are examined applying Johansen cointegration method.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Janakiramanan, Sundaram & Lamba, Asjeet S., 1998. "An empirical examination of linkages between Pacific-Basin stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 155-173, June.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Craig S. Hakkio & Mark Rush, 1990.
"Cointegration: how short is the long run?,"
Research Working Paper
90-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Diamandis, Panayiotis F., 2009. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from Latin America," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 13-30.
- Phylaktis, Kate & Ravazzolo, Fabiola, 2005. "Stock market linkages in emerging markets: implications for international portfolio diversification," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 91-106, April.
- Lin, Wen-Ling & Engle, Robert F & Ito, Takatoshi, 1994. "Do Bulls and Bears Move across Borders? International Transmission of Stock Returns and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 507-38.
- Serletis, Apostolos & King, Martin, 1997. "Common Stochastic Trends and Convergence of European Union Stock Markets," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 44-57, January.
- Yang, Jian & Kolari, James W. & Sutanto, Peter Wibawa, 2004. "On the stability of long-run relationships between emerging and US stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 233-248, July.
- Sang W. Kim & John H. Rogers, 1995.
"International stock price spillovers and market liberalization: evidence from Korea, Japan, and the United States,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
499, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kim, Sang W. & Rogers, John H., 1995. "International stock price spillovers and market liberalization: Evidence from Korea, Japan, and the United States," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 117-133, June.
- Kim, S.W. & Rogers, J.H., 1993. "International Stock Price Spillovers and Market Liberalization: Evidence from Korea, Japan, and the United States," Papers 4-93-7, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Garcia Pascual, Antonio, 2003. "Assessing European stock markets (co)integration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 197-203, February.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Chen, Gong-meng & Firth, Michael & Meng Rui, Oliver, 2002. "Stock market linkages: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1113-1141, June.
- Aleksandra Matuszewska-Janica, 2011. "Long-run Relationships between Selected Central European Indexes," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(2), pages 157-168, May.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Naka, Atsuyuki, 1996. "Short-run and long-run dynamic linkages among international stock markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 387-405.
- Meric, Ilhan & Meric, Gulser, 1989. "Potential gains from international portfolio diversification and inter-temporal stability and seasonality in international stock market relationships," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 627-640, September.
- Anthony J. Richards, 1996.
"Comovements in National Stock Market Returns; Evidence of Predictability But Not Cointegration,"
IMF Working Papers
96/28, International Monetary Fund.
- Richards, Anthony J., 1995. "Comovements in national stock market returns: Evidence of predictability, but not cointegration," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 631-654, December.
- G. Andrew Karoly & Rene Stulz, .
"Why do Markets Move Together? An Investigation of U.S.-Japan Stock Return Comovements,"
Research in Financial Economics
9603, Ohio State University.
- Karolyi, G Andrew & Stulz, Rene M, 1996. " Why Do Markets Move Together? An Investigation of U.S.-Japan Stock Return Comovements," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 951-86, July.
- Panton, Don B. & Lessig, V. Parker & Joy, O. Maurice, 1976. "Comovement of International Equity Markets: A Taxonomic Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 415-432, September.
- Fischer, K P & Palasvirta, A P, 1990. "High Road to a Global Marketplace: The International Transmission of Stock Market Fluctuations," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 25(3), pages 371-94, August.
- Serwa, Dobromil & Bohl, Martin T., 2005. "Financial contagion vulnerability and resistance: A comparison of European stock markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 344-362, September.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1997. "Stochastic Trends in Stock Prices: Evidence from Latin American Markets," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 285-304, April.
- Bailey, Warren & Stulz, René M., 1989. "The Pricing of Stock Index Options in a General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 1-12, March.
- Ghosh, Asim & Saidi, Reza & Johnson, Keith H, 1999. "Who Moves the Asia-Pacific Stock Markets--US or Japan? Empirical Evidence Based on the Theory of Cointegration," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 159-70, February.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements," NBER Working Papers 7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li, Hong & Majerowska, Ewa, 2008. "Testing stock market linkages for Poland and Hungary: A multivariate GARCH approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 247-266, September.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, December.
- Gilmore, Claire G. & Lucey, Brian M. & McManus, Ginette M., 2008. "The dynamics of Central European equity market comovements," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 605-622, August.
- Masih, Rumi & Masih, Abul M. M., 2001. "Long and short term dynamic causal transmission amongst international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 563-587, August.
- Voronkova, Svitlana, 2004. "Equity market integration in Central European emerging markets: A cointegration analysis with shifting regimes," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 633-647.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, 04.
- Booth, G. Geoffrey & Martikainen, Teppo & Tse, Yiuman, 1997. "Price and volatility spillovers in Scandinavian stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 811-823, June.
- Paresh Narayan & Russell Smyth & Mohan Nandha, 2004. "Interdependence and dynamic linkages between the emerging stock markets of South Asia," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 419-439.
- Syriopoulos, Theodore, 2007. "Dynamic linkages between emerging European and developed stock markets: Has the EMU any impact?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 41-60.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:17:y:2011:i:2:p:157-168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, Rachel & Koedijk, Kees & Kofman, Paul, 2002. "Increased Correlation in Bear markets: A Downside Risk Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 3172, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ng, Angela, 2000. "Volatility spillover effects from Japan and the US to the Pacific-Basin," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 207-233, April.
- Kearney, Colm & Lucey, Brian M., 2004. "International equity market integration: Theory, evidence and implications," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 571-583.
- John Elder & Peter E. Kennedy, 2001. "Testing for Unit Roots: What Should Students Be Taught?," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 137-146, January.
- Eduardo Roca, 1999. "Short-term and long-term price linkages between the equity markets of Australia and its major trading partners," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 501-511.
- Engle, Robert F & Susmel, Raul, 1993. "Common Volatility in International Equity Markets," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(2), pages 167-76, April.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpn:umkdem:v:12:y:2012:p:19-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Miroslawa Buczynska)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.