Regional Mismatch and Unemployment: Theory and Evidence from Italy, 1977-1998
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marco Manacorda & Barbara Petrongolo, 2006. "Regional mismatch and unemployment: theory and evidence from Italy, 1977–1998," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 137-162, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lilien, David M, 1982. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 777-793, August.
- Manacorda, Marco & Petrongolo, Barbara, 1999. "Skill Mismatch and Unemployment in OECD Countries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(262), pages 181-207, May.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Bentolila, Samuel & Fernandes, Ana & Ichino, Andrea, 2004. "Job Insecurity and Children’s Emancipation," IZA Discussion Papers 1046, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pissarides, Christopher A & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1989. "Unemployment and the Inter-regional Mobility of Labour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 739-755, September.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Lupi, Claudio & Ordine, Patrizia, 2000.
"Regional Disparities and the Italian NAIRU,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 146-177, January.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1999. "Trade unions and regional development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 457-474, February.
- Nickell, Stephen & Bell, Brian, 1995. "The Collapse in Demand for the Unskilled and Unemployment across the OECD," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 40-62, Spring.
- Faini, Riccardo & Galli, Giampaolo & Gennari, Pietro & Rossi, Fulvio, 1997. "An empirical puzzle: Falling migration and growing unemployment differentials among Italian regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 571-579, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio Destefanis & Giovanni Pica, 2010. "It’s wages, it’s hours, it’s the Italian wage curve," CSEF Working Papers 247, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Caponi, Vincenzo, 2008.
"Centralized Wage Determination and Regional Unemployment Differences: The Case of Italy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3592, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vincenzo Caponi, 2009. "Centralized Wage Determination and Regional Unemployment Differences: The Case of Italy," Working Papers 007, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Sulis, 2008.
"Wage Dispersion and Equilibrium Search Models: Some Evidence from Italy,"
CEIS, vol. 22(4), pages 593-627, December.
- G. Sulis, 2004. "Wage Dispersion and Equilibrium Search. Models: Some Evidence from Italy," Working Paper CRENoS 200402, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional imbalances; Wage curve; Unemployment;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-03-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2005-03-20 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LTV-2005-03-20 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MAC-2005-03-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2005-03-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sal:celpdp:90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Coccorese). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesalit.html .