Failure process and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ooghe, H. & De Prijcker, S., 2006. "Failure processes and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2006-21, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
References listed on IDEAS
- Everett, Jim & Watson, John, 1998. "Small Business Failure and External Risk Factors," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 371-390, December.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Slowinski, R. & Susmaga, R. & Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Business failure prediction using rough sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 263-280, April.
- Pompe, Paul P.M. & Bilderbeek, Jan, 2005. "The prediction of bankruptcy of small- and medium-sized industrial firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 847-868, November.
- Laitinen, Ek, 1993. "Financial predictors for different phases of the failure process," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 215-228, March.
- H. Ooghe & N. Waeyaert, 2003. "Oorzaken van faling en falingspaden: Literatuuroverzicht en conceptueel verklaringsmodel," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/187, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- OOGHE, Hubert & WAEYAERT, Nick, 2004. "Oorzaken van faling: Literatuuroverzicht en conceptueel verklaringsmodel," Economic and Social Journal (Economisch en Sociaal Tijdschrift), University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics, vol. 57(4), pages 367-393, Februari.
- Donald C. Hambrick & Richard A. D'Aveni, 1992. "Top Team Deterioration as Part of the Downward Spiral of Large Corporate Bankruptcies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(10), pages 1445-1466, October.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "35 years of studies on business failure: an overview of the classical statistical methodologiesand their related problems," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/248, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:17:y:2011:i:4:p:476-483 is not listed on IDEAS
- TOBBACK, Ellen & MOEYERSOMS, Julie & STANKOVA, Marija & MARTENS, David, 2016. "Bankruptcy prediction for SMEs using relational data," Working Papers 2016004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Monika Bolek & Bartosz Grosicki, 2014. "Forecasting Liquidity In Traditional And Technology-Based Sectors – The Case Of Poland," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 9(4), pages 25-38, April.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2010. "Dynamic analysis of the business failure process: A study of bankruptcy trajectories," MPRA Paper 44379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Yolanda Fuertes-Callén & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto & Beatriz Cuellar-Fernández, 2014.
"Path modelling to bankruptcy: causes and symptoms of the banking crisis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(31), pages 3798-3811, November.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Y. Fuertes-Callén & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto & B. Cuéllar-Fernández, 2011. "Path modeling to bankruptcy: causes and symptoms of the banking crisis," Working Papers CEB 11-007, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ivan Mihajloviæ & Nenad Nikoliæ & Zhaklina Dhamo & Peter Schulte, 2015. "The Reasons for SME’s Failure, Comparative Analysis and Research," Proceedings of FIKUSZ 2015,in: Jolán Velencei (ed.), Proceedings of FIKUSZ '15, pages 7-22 Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Catalin Ionut SILVESTRU & Ioana BURCEZAN (PRECUP) & Ramona Camelia BERE & Marian Ernut LUPESCU, 2015. "Concept: Using E-Learning Platforms in Economical and Entrepreneurial Development," Informatica Economica, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(2), pages 90-100.
- Korol, Tomasz & Korodi, Adrian, 2011. "An Evaluation of Effectiveness of Fuzzy Logic Model in Predicting the Business Bankruptcy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 92-107, September.
- Jaroslaw Ropega, 2015. "Innovations in the small businesses failure paths model (Innowacje w modelu sciezek niepowodzen gospodarczych malych firm)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 13(50), pages 220-237.
- Ioana Maria BUCERZAN, 2015. "The Propagation Of Insolvency Among Business In Romania," EURINT, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 2, pages 64-79.
- repec:krk:eberjl:v:4:y:2016:i:2:p:139-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tudor Andrei RADULESCU & Carmen NISTOR, 2014. "What Causes Insolvency? A Study Regarding Big And Medium Romanian Enterprises Going Bankrupt In 2013," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 6(4), pages 114-121, December.
- Arthur B. Kennickell & Myron L. Kwast & Jonathan Pogach, 2016. "Small Businesses and Small Business Finance during the Financial Crisis and the Great Recession: New Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Entrepreneurial Businesses: Current Knowledge and Challenges, pages 291-349 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaroslaw Ropega, 2011. "The Reasons and Symptoms of Failure in SME," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(4), pages 476-483, November.
- Steven Liew Woon Choy & Jayaraman Munusamy & Shankar Chelliah & Ally Mandari, 2011. "Effects of Financial Distress Condition on the Company Performance: A Malaysian Perspective," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 85-99, August.
- Kennickell, Arthur B. & Kwast, Myron L. & Pogach, Jonathan, 2015. "Small Businesses and Small Business Finance during the Financial Crisis and the Great Recession: New Evidence From the Survey of Consumer Finances," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-06-10 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CSE-2006-06-10 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2006-06-10 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-RMG-2006-06-10 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:06/388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .