Failure process and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ooghe, H. & De Prijcker, S., 2006. "Failure processes and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2006-21, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
References listed on IDEAS
- Everett, Jim & Watson, John, 1998. "Small Business Failure and External Risk Factors," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 371-390, December.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Slowinski, R. & Susmaga, R. & Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Business failure prediction using rough sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 263-280, April.
- Pompe, Paul P.M. & Bilderbeek, Jan, 2005. "The prediction of bankruptcy of small- and medium-sized industrial firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 847-868, November.
- Laitinen, Ek, 1993. "Financial predictors for different phases of the failure process," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 215-228, March.
- H. Ooghe & N. Waeyaert, 2003. "Oorzaken van faling en falingspaden: Literatuuroverzicht en conceptueel verklaringsmodel," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/187, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- OOGHE, Hubert & WAEYAERT, Nick, 2004. "Oorzaken van faling: Literatuuroverzicht en conceptueel verklaringsmodel," Economic and Social Journal (Economisch en Sociaal Tijdschrift), University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics, vol. 57(4), pages 367-393, Februari.
- Donald C. Hambrick & Richard A. D'Aveni, 1992. "Top Team Deterioration as Part of the Downward Spiral of Large Corporate Bankruptcies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(10), pages 1445-1466, October.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "35 years of studies on business failure: an overview of the classical statistical methodologiesand their related problems," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/248, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:17:y:2011:i:4:p:476-483 is not listed on IDEAS
- TOBBACK, Ellen & MOEYERSOMS, Julie & STANKOVA, Marija & MARTENS, David, 2016. "Bankruptcy prediction for SMEs using relational data," Working Papers 2016004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Monika Bolek & Bartosz Grosicki, 2014. "Forecasting Liquidity In Traditional And Technology-Based Sectors – The Case Of Poland," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 9(4), pages 25-38, April.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2010. "Dynamic analysis of the business failure process: A study of bankruptcy trajectories," MPRA Paper 44379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Yolanda Fuertes-Call鮠 & Bego uti鲲ez-Nieto & Beatriz Cuellar-Fernᮤez, 2014.
"Path modelling to bankruptcy: causes and symptoms of the banking crisis,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(31), pages 3798-3811, November.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Y. Fuertes-Callén & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto & B. Cuéllar-Fernández, 2011. "Path modeling to bankruptcy: causes and symptoms of the banking crisis," Working Papers CEB 11-007, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ivan Mihajloviæ & Nenad Nikoliæ & Zhaklina Dhamo & Peter Schulte, 2015. "The Reasons for SME’s Failure, Comparative Analysis and Research," Proceedings of FIKUSZ 2015, in: Jolán Velencei (ed.),Proceedings of FIKUSZ '15, pages 7-22, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Catalin Ionut SILVESTRU & Ioana BURCEZAN (PRECUP) & Ramona Camelia BERE & Marian Ernut LUPESCU, 2015. "Concept: Using E-Learning Platforms in Economical and Entrepreneurial Development," Informatica Economica, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(2), pages 90-100.
- Korol, Tomasz & Korodi, Adrian, 2011. "An Evaluation of Effectiveness of Fuzzy Logic Model in Predicting the Business Bankruptcy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 92-107, September.
- Jaroslaw Ropega, 2015. "Innovations in the small businesses failure paths model (Innowacje w modelu sciezek niepowodzen gospodarczych malych firm)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 13(50), pages 220-237.
- Ioana Maria BUCERZAN, 2015. "The Propagation Of Insolvency Among Business In Romania," EURINT, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 2, pages 64-79.
- Jarosław Ropęga, 2016. "Entrepreneurial Behaviour in Periods of Deterioration of Small Firms' Condition," Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, Centre for Strategic and International Entrepreneurship at the Cracow University of Economics., vol. 4(2), pages 139-156.
- Tudor Andrei RADULESCU & Carmen NISTOR, 2014. "What Causes Insolvency? A Study Regarding Big And Medium Romanian Enterprises Going Bankrupt In 2013," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 6(4), pages 114-121, December.
- Onofrei, Mihaela & Lupu, Dan, 2014. "The modelling of forecasting the bankruptcy in Romania," MPRA Paper 95511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arthur B. Kennickell & Myron L. Kwast & Jonathan Pogach, 2016. "Small Businesses and Small Business Finance during the Financial Crisis and the Great Recession: New Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Entrepreneurial Businesses: Current Knowledge and Challenges, pages 291-349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaroslaw Ropega, 2011. "The Reasons and Symptoms of Failure in SME," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(4), pages 476-483, November.
- Grzegorz Zimon & Marek Sobolewski & Grzegorz Lew, 2020. "An Influence of Group Purchasing Organizations on Financial Security of SMEs Operating in the Renewable Energy Sector—Case for Poland," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-17, June.
- Steven Liew Woon Choy & Jayaraman Munusamy & Shankar Chelliah & Ally Mandari, 2011. "Effects of Financial Distress Condition on the Company Performance: A Malaysian Perspective," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 85-99, August.
- Arthur B. Kennickell & Myron L. Kwast & Jonathan Pogach, 2015. "Small Businesses and Small Business Finance during the Financial Crisis and the Great Recession: New Evidence From the Survey of Consumer Finances," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 27 Feb 2015.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2006-06-10 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CSE-2006-06-10 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2006-06-10 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-RMG-2006-06-10 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:06/388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.