Variable precision rough set theory and data discretisation: an application to corporate failure prediction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kattan, MW & Cooper, RB, 1998. "The predictive accuracy of computer-based classification decision techniques.A review and research directions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 467-482, August.
- Kim, H. & Koehler, G. J., 1995. "Theory and practice of decision tree induction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 637-652, December.
- Kattan, Michael W. & Cooper, Randolph B., 2000. "A simulation of factors affecting machine learning techniques: an examination of partitioning and class proportions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 501-512, October.
- Slowinski, R. & Zopounidis, C. & Dimitras, A. I., 1997. "Prediction of company acquisition in Greece by means of the rough set approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 1-15, July.
- R. Slowinski & C. Zopounidis, 1995. "Application of the Rough Set Approach to Evaluation of Bankruptcy Risk," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 27-41, March.
- Molinero, C Mar & Ezzamel, M, 1991. "Multidimensional scaling applied to corporate failure," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 259-274.
- Arturo Rodríguez Castellanos, 1988. "Premio por riesgo en el mercado de cambios a plazo. Modelos de valoración de activos financieros: una exploración empírica," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 12(2), pages 259-277, May.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Slowinski, R. & Susmaga, R. & Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Business failure prediction using rough sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 263-280, April.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
- Keasey, K & McGuinness, P & Short, H, 1990. "Multilogit approach to predicting corporate failure--Further analysis and the issue of signal consistency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 85-94.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Jones, Frederick L. & Raghunandan, K., 1998. "Client risk and recent changes in the market for audit services," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 169-181.
- Altman, Edward I. & Marco, Giancarlo & Varetto, Franco, 1994. "Corporate distress diagnosis: Comparisons using linear discriminant analysis and neural networks (the Italian experience)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 505-529, May.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(2), pages 149-150, August.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "Sovereign Credit Ratings Before and After Financial Crises," MPRA Paper 7410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Levich, Richard & Majoni, Giovanni, 2002. "Ratings, rating agencies and the global financial system: Summary and policy implications," MPRA Paper 13249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "Financial crises, credit ratings, and bank failures: An introduction," MPRA Paper 13247, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Taffler, Richard J., 1984. "Empirical models for the monitoring of UK corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 199-227, June.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
- Frydman, Halina & Altman, Edward I & Kao, Duen-Li, 1985. "Introducing Recursive Partitioning for Financial Classification: The Case of Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 269-291, March.
- William F. Messier, Jr. & James V. Hansen, 1988. "Inducing Rules for Expert System Development: An Example Using Default and Bankruptcy Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1403-1415, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Apostolos G. Christopoulos & Ioannis G. Dokas & Iraklis Kollias & John Leventides, 2019. "An implementation of Soft Set Theory in the Variables Selection Process for Corporate Failure Prediction Models. Evidence from NASDAQ Listed Firms," Bulletin of Applied Economics, Risk Market Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20.
- Malcolm J. Beynon & Mark A. Clatworthy & Michael John Jones, 2004. "The prediction of profitability using accounting narratives: a variable‐precision rough set approach," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 227-242, October.
- Boratyńska, Katarzyna & Grzegorzewska, Emilia, 2018. "Bankruptcy prediction in the agribusiness sector: Lessons from quantitative and qualitative approaches," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 175-181.
- Liang, Wen-Yau & Huang, Chun-Che, 2008. "A hybrid approach to constrained evolutionary computing: Case of product synthesis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1072-1085, December.
- Bai, Chunguang & Shi, Baofeng & Liu, Feng & Sarkis, Joseph, 2019. "Banking credit worthiness: Evaluating the complex relationships," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 26-38.
- Şaban Çelik, 2013. "Micro Credit Risk Metrics: A Comprehensive Review," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 233-272, October.
- Beynon, Malcolm J., 2005. "A novel technique of object ranking and classification under ignorance: An application to the corporate failure risk problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 493-517, December.
- Philippe Jardin & David Veganzones & Eric Séverin, 2019. "Forecasting Corporate Bankruptcy Using Accrual-Based Models," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 54(1), pages 7-43, June.
- Wee-Kheng Tan & Wei-Cheng Liu & Yu-Ning Hu, 2013. "Finding the crucial factors for sustainable development of rural-based tourist destinations: using Nanzhuang, Taiwan as a case study," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 7(4), pages 623-640, December.
- Su, Chao-Ton & Hsu, Jyh-Hwa, 2006. "Precision parameter in the variable precision rough sets model: an application," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 149-157, April.
- Beynon, Malcolm J. & Peel, Michael J. & Tang, Yu-Cheng, 2004. "The application of fuzzy decision tree analysis in an exposition of the antecedents of audit fees," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 231-244, June.
- I Y-F Huang & W-W Wu & Y-T Lee, 2008. "Simplifying essential competencies for Taiwan civil servants using the rough set approach," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 59(2), pages 259-265, February.
- Maiya Anokhina & Henry Penikas & Victor Petrov, 2014. "Identifying SIFI Determinants for Global Banks and Insurance Companies: Implications for D-SIFIs in Russia," DEM Working Papers Series 085, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Shyng, Jhieh-Yu & Shieh, How-Ming & Tzeng, Gwo-Hshiung & Hsieh, Shu-Huei, 2010. "Using FSBT technique with Rough Set Theory for personal investment portfolio analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(2), pages 601-607, March.
- Grigor Sariyski, 2008. "Evaluation of the Financial Reliability of the Firm," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 26-48.
- Vadlamani Ravi & Vadlamani Madhav, 2020. "Optimizing the reliability of a bank with Logistic Regression and Particle Swarm Optimization," Papers 2004.11122, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsData mining Failure prediction FUSINTER data discretisation Rough set theory Variable precision rough set theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:29:y:2001:i:6:p:561-576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.