Predicting the survival or failure of click-and-mortar corporations: A knowledge discovery approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Altman, Edward I., 1984. "The success of business failure prediction models : An international survey," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Scott, James, 1981. "The probability of bankruptcy: A comparison of empirical predictions and theoretical models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 317-344, September.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Slowinski, R. & Susmaga, R. & Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Business failure prediction using rough sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 263-280, April.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Tay, Francis E. H. & Cao, Lijuan, 2001. "Application of support vector machines in financial time series forecasting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 309-317, August.
- Lacher, R. C. & Coats, Pamela K. & Sharma, Shanker C. & Fant, L. Franklin, 1995. "A neural network for classifying the financial health of a firm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 53-65, August.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
- Zmijewski, Me, 1984. "Methodological Issues Related To The Estimation Of Financial Distress Prediction Models," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22, pages 59-82.
- Eisenbeis, Robert A, 1977. "Pitfalls in the Application of Discriminant Analysis in Business, Finance, and Economics," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 875-900, June.
- Frydman, Halina & Altman, Edward I & Kao, Duen-Li, 1985. "Introducing Recursive Partitioning for Financial Classification: The Case of Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 269-291, March.
- William F. Messier, Jr. & James V. Hansen, 1988. "Inducing Rules for Expert System Development: An Example Using Default and Bankruptcy Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1403-1415, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- du Jardin, Philippe, 2012. "The influence of variable selection methods on the accuracy of bankruptcy prediction models," MPRA Paper 44383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nadine Levratto & Luc Tessier & Messaoud Zouikri, 2011.
"Small, alone and poor: a merciless portrait of insolvent French firms, 2007-2010,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2011-36, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Nadine Levratto & Luc Tessier & Messaoud Zouikri, 2012. "Small, alone and poor: a merciless portrait of insolvent French firms, 2007-2010," Erudite Working Paper 2012-05, Erudite.
- García-Alonso, Carlos R. & Guardiola, Jorge & Hervás-Martínez, César, 2009. "Logistic evolutionary product-unit neural networks: Innovation capacity of poor Guatemalan households," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 543-551, June.
- Li, Hui & Sun, Jie, 2012. "Forecasting business failure: The use of nearest-neighbour support vectors and correcting imbalanced samples – Evidence from the Chinese hotel industry," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 622-634.
- C Serrano-Cinca & Y Fuertes-Callén & C Mar-Molinero, 2010. "A structural model for sales in the e-retailing industry," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 61(9), pages 1377-1388, September.
- Geng, Ruibin & Bose, Indranil & Chen, Xi, 2015. "Prediction of financial distress: An empirical study of listed Chinese companies using data mining," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(1), pages 236-247.
- Mai, Feng & Tian, Shaonan & Lee, Chihoon & Ma, Ling, 2019. "Deep learning models for bankruptcy prediction using textual disclosures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 274(2), pages 743-758.
- du Jardin, Philippe, 2010. "Predicting bankruptcy using neural networks and other classification methods: the influence of variable selection techniques on model accuracy," MPRA Paper 44375, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Myung Ko & Narcyz Roztocki, 2009. "Investigating the Impact of Firm Strategy – Click-and-Brick, Brick-and-Mortar, and Pure-Click – on Financial Performance," Working Papers 0092, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:174:y:2006:i:2:p:959-982. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.