How to engage consumers in demand response: a contract perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- He, Xian & Keyaerts, Nico & Azevedo, Isabel & Meeus, Leonardo & Hancher, Leigh & Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2013. "How to engage consumers in demand response: A contract perspective," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 108-122.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hopper, Nicole & Goldman, Charles & Bharvirkar, Ranjit & Neenan, Bernie, 2006. "Customer response to day-ahead market hourly pricing: Choices and performance," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 126-134, June.
- Stadler, Ingo, 2008. "Power grid balancing of energy systems with high renewable energy penetration by demand response," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 90-98, June.
- Luis Olmos & Sophia Ruester & Siok Jen Liong & Jean-Michel Glachant, 2010. "Energy Efficiency Actions Related to the Rollout of Smart Meters for Small Consumers," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/02fsr, European University Institute.
- Lo Schiavo, Luca & Delfanti, Maurizio & Fumagalli, Elena & Olivieri, Valeria, 2013. "Changing the regulation for regulating the change: Innovation-driven regulatory developments for smart grids, smart metering and e-mobility in Italy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 506-517.
- Ivanov, Chris & Getachew, Lullit & Fenrick, Steve A. & Vittetoe, Bethany, 2013. "Enabling technologies and energy savings: The case of EnergyWise Smart Meter Pilot of Connexus Energy," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 76-84.
- Olmos, Luis & Ruester, Sophia & Liong, Siok-Jen & Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2011. "Energy efficiency actions related to the rollout of smart meters for small consumers, application to the Austrian system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4396-4409.
- Dütschke, Elisabeth & Paetz, Alexandra-Gwyn, 2013. "Dynamic electricity pricing—Which programs do consumers prefer?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 226-234.
- Vassileva, Iana & Wallin, Fredrik & Dahlquist, Erik, 2012. "Understanding energy consumption behavior for future demand response strategy development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 94-100.
- Bradley, Peter & Leach, Matthew & Torriti, Jacopo, 2013. "A review of the costs and benefits of demand response for electricity in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 312-327.
- Grünewald, Philipp & Torriti, Jacopo, 2013. "Demand response from the non-domestic sector: Early UK experiences and future opportunities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 423-429.
- Moura, Pedro S. & de Almeida, Aníbal T., 2010. "Multi-objective optimization of a mixed renewable system with demand-side management," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1461-1468, June.
- Meeus, Leonardo & Saguan, Marcelo, 2011. "Innovating grid regulation to regulate grid innovation: From the Orkney Isles to Kriegers Flak via Italy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1761-1765.
- Torriti, Jacopo, 2012. "Price-based demand side management: Assessing the impacts of time-of-use tariffs on residential electricity demand and peak shifting in Northern Italy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 576-583.
- Dulleck, Uwe & Kaufmann, Sylvia, 2004. "Do customer information programs reduce household electricity demand?--the Irish program," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1025-1032, June.
- Lijesen, Mark G., 2007. "The real-time price elasticity of electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 249-258, March.
- Cappers, Peter & Mills, Andrew & Goldman, Charles & Wiser, Ryan & Eto, Joseph H., 2012. "An assessment of the role mass market demand response could play in contributing to the management of variable generation integration issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 420-429.
- Allcott, Hunt, 2011. "Rethinking real-time electricity pricing," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 820-842.
- Delmas, Magali A. & Fischlein, Miriam & Asensio, Omar I., 2013. "Information strategies and energy conservation behavior: A meta-analysis of experimental studies from 1975 to 2012," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 729-739.
- Ahmad Faruqui & Sanem Sergici, 2010. "Household response to dynamic pricing of electricity: a survey of 15 experiments," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 193-225, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Crispim, João & Braz, José & Castro, Rui & Esteves, Jorge, 2014. "Smart Grids in the EU with smart regulation: Experiences from the UK, Italy and Portugal," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 85-93.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:118-127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boßmann, Tobias & Eser, Eike Johannes, 2016. "Model-based assessment of demand-response measures—A comprehensive literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1637-1656.
- Paterakis, Nikolaos G. & Erdinç, Ozan & Catalão, João P.S., 2017. "An overview of Demand Response: Key-elements and international experience," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 871-891.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:2181-2195 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:12:y:2019:i:11:p:2055-:d:235300 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhou, Kaile & Yang, Changhui & Shen, Jianxin, 2017. "Discovering residential electricity consumption patterns through smart-meter data mining: A case study from China," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 73-84.
- Good, Nicholas & Ellis, Keith A. & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2017. "Review and classification of barriers and enablers of demand response in the smart grid," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 57-72.
- Katz, Jonas & Andersen, Frits Møller & Morthorst, Poul Erik, 2016. "Load-shift incentives for household demand response: Evaluation of hourly dynamic pricing and rebate schemes in a wind-based electricity system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1602-1616.
- Lopes, Marta A.R. & Henggeler Antunes, Carlos & Janda, Kathryn B. & Peixoto, Paulo & Martins, Nelson, 2016. "The potential of energy behaviours in a smart(er) grid: Policy implications from a Portuguese exploratory study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 233-245.
- Yi, Hongtao, 2015. "Clean-energy policies and electricity sector carbon emissions in the U.S. states," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 19-29.
- Rosa Morales González & Shahab Shariat Torbaghan & Madeleine Gibescu & Sjef Cobben, 2016. "Harnessing the Flexibility of Thermostatic Loads in Microgrids with Solar Power Generation," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(7), pages 1-24, July.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2016. "Tacking stock of the EU “Power Target Model”… and steering its future course," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 673-679.
- Katz, Jonas, 2014. "Linking meters and markets: Roles and incentives to support a flexible demand side," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 74-84.
- repec:eee:appene:v:216:y:2018:i:c:p:338-347 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soroudi, Alireza & Rabiee, Abbas & Keane, Andrew, 2017. "Distribution networks' energy losses versus hosting capacity of wind power in the presence of demand flexibility," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(PB), pages 316-325.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:395-405 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:1:p:340-353 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity system; demand response; contract; energy policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2013-12-15 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsc:rsceui:2013/76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RSCAS web unit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rsiueit.html .