Residential winter kWh responsiveness under optional time-varying pricing in British Columbia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Venkatesan, Naveen & Solanki, Jignesh & Solanki, Sarika Khushalani, 2012. "Residential Demand Response model and impact on voltage profile and losses of an electric distribution network," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 84-91.
- Valenzuela, Jorge & Thimmapuram, Prakash R. & Kim, Jinho, 2012. "Modeling and simulation of consumer response to dynamic pricing with enabled technologies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 122-132.
- Ghadikolaei, Hadi Moghimi & Tajik, Elham & Aghaei, Jamshid & Charwand, Mansour, 2012. "Integrated day-ahead and hour-ahead operation model of discos in retail electricity markets considering DGs and CO2 emission penalty cost," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 174-185.
- Parks, Richard W. & Weitzel, David, 1984. "Measuring the consumer welfare effects of time-differentiated electricity prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 35-64.
- Cappers, Peter & Mills, Andrew & Goldman, Charles & Wiser, Ryan & Eto, Joseph H., 2012. "An assessment of the role mass market demand response could play in contributing to the management of variable generation integration issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 420-429.
- Newsham, Guy R. & Bowker, Brent G., 2010. "The effect of utility time-varying pricing and load control strategies on residential summer peak electricity use: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3289-3296, July.
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, L. R. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1984. "The Consistency of the Residential Customer Response in Time-Of-Use Electricity Pricing Experiments," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10798, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Thorsnes, Paul & Williams, John & Lawson, Rob, 2012. "Consumer responses to time varying prices for electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 552-561.
- Reuter, Wolf Heinrich & Szolgayová, Jana & Fuss, Sabine & Obersteiner, Michael, 2012. "Renewable energy investment: Policy and market impacts," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 249-254.
- Dennis Aigner, 1985. "The Residential Electricity Time-of-Use Pricing Experiments: What Have We Learned?," NBER Chapters,in: Social Experimentation, pages 11-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Taylor & Peter Schwarz & James Cochell, 2005. "24/7 Hourly Response to Electricity Real-Time Pricing with up to Eight Summers of Experience," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 235-262, January.
- Finn, P. & Fitzpatrick, C. & Connolly, D. & Leahy, M. & Relihan, L., 2011. "Facilitation of renewable electricity using price based appliance control in Ireland’s electricity market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 2952-2960.
- Moghaddam, M. Parsa & Abdollahi, A. & Rashidinejad, M., 2011. "Flexible demand response programs modeling in competitive electricity markets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(9), pages 3257-3269.
- Blumsack, Seth & Fernandez, Alisha, 2012. "Ready or not, here comes the smart grid!," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 61-68.
- Rastegar, Mohammad & Fotuhi-Firuzabad, Mahmud & Aminifar, Farrokh, 2012. "Load commitment in a smart home," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 45-54.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & Malko, J.Robert, 1983. "The residential demand for electricity by time-of-use: A survey of twelve experiments with peak load pricing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 8(10), pages 781-795.
- Park, Rolla Edward & Acton, Jan Paul, 1984. "Large business customer response to time-of-day electricity rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 229-252.
- Zarnikau, Jay & Hallett, Ian, 2008. "Aggregate industrial energy consumer response to wholesale prices in the restructured Texas electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1798-1808, July.
- Alagappan, L. & Orans, R. & Woo, C.K., 2011. "What drives renewable energy development?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5099-5104, September.
- Ericson, Torgeir, 2011. "Households' self-selection of dynamic electricity tariffs," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(7), pages 2541-2547, July.
- Woo, C.K. & Zarnikau, J. & Moore, J. & Horowitz, I., 2011. "Wind generation and zonal-market price divergence: Evidence from Texas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3928-3938, July.
- Rafal Weron, 2006. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0601.
- Hartway, Rob & Price, Snuller & Woo, C.K, 1999. "Smart meter, customer choice and profitable time-of-use rate option," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 895-903.
- Sensfuß, Frank & Ragwitz, Mario & Genoese, Massimo, 2008. "The merit-order effect: A detailed analysis of the price effect of renewable electricity generation on spot market prices in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3076-3084, August.
- Horowitz, I. & Woo, C.K., 2006. "Designing Pareto-superior demand-response rate options," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1040-1051.
- Milstein, Irena & Tishler, Asher, 2012. "The inevitability of capacity underinvestment in competitive electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 62-77.
- Di Giorgio, Alessandro & Pimpinella, Laura, 2012. "An event driven Smart Home Controller enabling consumer economic saving and automated Demand Side Management," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 92-103.
- Woo, C.K. & Horowitz, I. & Moore, J. & Pacheco, A., 2011. "The impact of wind generation on the electricity spot-market price level and variance: The Texas experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3939-3944, July.
- Bradley, Peter & Leach, Matthew & Torriti, Jacopo, 2013. "A review of the costs and benefits of demand response for electricity in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 312-327.
- Faria, P. & Vale, Z., 2011. "Demand response in electrical energy supply: An optimal real time pricing approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5374-5384.
- Tishler, Asher & Milstein, Irena & Woo, Chi-Keung, 2008. "Capacity commitment and price volatility in a competitive electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1625-1647, July.
- Moura, Pedro S. & de Almeida, Aníbal T., 2010. "The role of demand-side management in the grid integration of wind power," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2581-2588, August.
- Ahmad Faruqui & Sanem Sergici, 2010. "Household response to dynamic pricing of electricity: a survey of 15 experiments," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 193-225, October.
- Woo, C.K. & Kollman, E. & Orans, R. & Price, S. & Horii, B., 2008. "Now that California has AMI, what can the state do with it?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1366-1374, April.
- Aalami, H.A. & Moghaddam, M. Parsa & Yousefi, G.R., 2010. "Demand response modeling considering Interruptible/Curtailable loads and capacity market programs," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 243-250, January.
- Chao, Hung-po, 2011. "Efficient pricing and investment in electricity markets with intermittent resources," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3945-3953, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dupont, B. & Dietrich, K. & De Jonghe, C. & Ramos, A. & Belmans, R., 2014. "Impact of residential demand response on power system operation: A Belgian case study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 1-10.
- Boßmann, Tobias & Eser, Eike Johannes, 2016. "Model-based assessment of demand-response measures—A comprehensive literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1637-1656.
- repec:eee:appene:v:222:y:2018:i:c:p:460-474 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:142:y:2018:i:c:p:633-646 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alahäivälä, Antti & Heß, Tobias & Cao, Sunliang & Lehtonen, Matti, 2015. "Analyzing the optimal coordination of a residential micro-CHP system with a power sink," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 326-337.
- Wang, Yong & Li, Lin, 2016. "Critical peak electricity pricing for sustainable manufacturing: Modeling and case studies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 40-53.
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:887-902 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suomalainen, Kiti & Pritchard, Geoffrey & Sharp, Basil & Yuan, Ziqi & Zakeri, Golbon, 2015. "Correlation analysis on wind and hydro resources with electricity demand and prices in New Zealand," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 445-462.
- Di Giorgio, Alessandro & Liberati, Francesco, 2014. "Near real time load shifting control for residential electricity prosumers under designed and market indexed pricing models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 119-132.
- Bartusch, Cajsa & Alvehag, Karin, 2014. "Further exploring the potential of residential demand response programs in electricity distribution," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 39-59.
- Klaassen, E.A.M. & Kobus, C.B.A. & Frunt, J. & Slootweg, J.G., 2016. "Responsiveness of residential electricity demand to dynamic tariffs: Experiences from a large field test in the Netherlands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1065-1074.
- Woo, C.K. & Sreedharan, P. & Hargreaves, J. & Kahrl, F. & Wang, J. & Horowitz, I., 2014. "A review of electricity product differentiation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 262-272.
- Sharifi, Ayyoob & Yamagata, Yoshiki, 2016. "Principles and criteria for assessing urban energy resilience: A literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1654-1677.
More about this item
KeywordsResidential price responsiveness; Winter peak kWh reduction; Optional time-varying pricing; British Columbia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:108:y:2013:i:c:p:288-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.