Now that California has AMI, what can the state do with it?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chao, Hung-po & Wilson, Robert, 1987. "Priority Service: Pricing, Investment, and Market Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 899-916, December.
- Robert Wilson, 2002. "Architecture of Power Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1299-1340, July.
- Chi-Keung Woo & Orans, Ren & Horii, Brian & Peter Chow, 1995. "Pareto-superior time-of-use rate option for industrial firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 267-272, September.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Pupp, Roger L., 1992. "Costs of service disruptions to electricity consumers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 109-126.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1992. "Optimal Nonlinear Pricing and Contingent Contracts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(4), pages 747-772, November.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Lloyd, Debra & Tishler, Asher, 2003. "Electricity market reform failures: UK, Norway, Alberta and California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1103-1115, September.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Martin, Jennifer, 1998. "Reliability Differentiation of Electricity Transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 277-292, May.
- Woo, C.-K. & Lloyd, Debra & Clayton, William, 2006. "Did a local distribution company procure prudently during the California electricity crisis?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(16), pages 2552-2565, November.
- Cramton, Peter & Stoft, Steven, 2005. "A Capacity Market that Makes Sense," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 43-54.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont, 1988. "Fundamentals of Public Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121271, January.
- Seeto, Dewey & Woo, C. K. & Horowitz, Ira, 1997. "Time-of-use rates vs. Hopkinson tariffs redux: An analysis of the choice of rate structures in a regulated electricity distribution company," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-185, May.
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- Catherine D. Wolfram, 1999. "Measuring Duopoly Power in the British Electricity Spot Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 805-826, September.
- Jurewitz, John L., 2002. "California's Electricity Debacle: A Guided Tour," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 10-29, May.
- Roger E. Bohn & Michael C. Caramanis & Fred C. Schweppe, 1984. "Optimal Pricing in Electrical Networks over Space and Time," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 360-376, Autumn.
- repec:reg:rpubli:207 is not listed on IDEAS
- Woo, Chi-Keung, 1990. "Efficient Electricity Pricing with Self-Rationing," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 69-81, March.
- Woo, Chi-Keung, 1988. "Optimal electricity rates and consumption externality," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 277-292, December.
- Herter, Karen, 2007. "Residential implementation of critical-peak pricing of electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2121-2130, April.
- Raymond S. Hartman & Michael J. Doane & Chi-Keung Woo, 1991. "Consumer Rationality and the Status Quo," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 141-162.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2003.
"The Difficult Transition to Competitive Electricity Markets in the U.S,"
0308, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, P.L., 2003. "The Difficult Transition to Competitive Electricity Markets in the U.S," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0328, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Peter C. Reiss & Matthew W. White, 2005. "Household Electricity Demand, Revisited," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 853-883.
- Chao, Hung-Po & Wilson, Robert, 2002. "Multi-dimensional Procurement Auctions for Power Reserves: Robust Incentive-Compatible Scoring and Settlement Rules," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 161-183, September.
- Mackie-mason, Jeffrey K., 1990. "Optional time-of-use pricing can be pareto superior or pareto inferior," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 363-367, August.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Karimov, Rouslan I. & Horowitz, Ira, 2004. "Managing electricity procurement cost and risk by a local distribution company," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 635-645, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moore, J. & Woo, C.K. & Horii, B. & Price, S. & Olson, A., 2010. "Estimating the option value of a non-firm electricity tariff," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1609-1614.
- Pepermans, Guido, 2011.
"The value of continuous power supply for Flemish households,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7853-7864.
- Pepermans, Guido, 2010. "The Value of Continuous Power Supply for Flemish Households," Working Papers 2010/24, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Cappers, Peter & Goldman, Charles & Kathan, David, 2010. "Demand response in U.S. electricity markets: Empirical evidence," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1526-1535.
- DeBenedictis, A. & Hoff, T.E. & Price, S. & Woo, C.K., 2010. "Statistically adjusted engineering (SAE) modeling of metered roof-top photovoltaic (PV) output: California evidence," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4178-4183.
- Dong, Jun & Xue, Guiyuan & Li, Rong, 2016. "Demand response in China: Regulations, pilot projects and recommendations – A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 13-27.
- Woo, C.K. & Sreedharan, P. & Hargreaves, J. & Kahrl, F. & Wang, J. & Horowitz, I., 2014. "A review of electricity product differentiation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 262-272.
- He, Yongxiu & Wang, Bing & Wang, Jianhui & Xiong, Wei & Xia, Tian, 2012. "Residential demand response behavior analysis based on Monte Carlo simulation: The case of Yinchuan in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 230-236.
- repec:eee:appene:v:212:y:2018:i:c:p:141-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Greening, Lorna A., 2010. "Demand response resources: Who is responsible for implementation in a deregulated market?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1518-1525.
- Woo, C.K. & Li, R. & Shiu, A. & Horowitz, I., 2013. "Residential winter kWh responsiveness under optional time-varying pricing in British Columbia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 288-297.
- Christoph M. Flath & Sebastian Gottwalt, 2016. "Price-based load coordination revisited: augmenting open-loop coordination approaches," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 9(1), pages 157-178, April.
- Woo, C.K. & Ho, T. & Zarnikau, J. & Olson, A. & Jones, R. & Chait, M. & Horowitz, I. & Wang, J., 2014. "Electricity-market price and nuclear power plant shutdown: Evidence from California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 234-244.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:538-550 is not listed on IDEAS
- Woo, C.K. & Ho, T. & Shiu, A. & Cheng, Y.S. & Horowitz, I. & Wang, J., 2014. "Residential outage cost estimation: Hong Kong," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 204-210.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:9-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chi-Keung Woo, Ira Horowitz, Jay Zarnikau, Jack Moore, Brendan Schneiderman, Tony Ho, and Eric Leung, 2016. "What Moves the Ex Post Variable Profit of Natural-Gas-Fired Generation in California?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Takanori Ida & Kayo Murakami & Makoto Tanaka, 2012. "Keys to Smart Home Diffusion: A Stated Preference Analysis of Smart Meters, Photovoltaic Generation, and Electric/Hybrid Vehicles," Discussion papers e-11-011, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Wang, Jianhui & Bloyd, Cary N. & Hu, Zhaoguang & Tan, Zhongfu, 2010. "Demand response in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1592-1597.
- Sreedharan, P. & Miller, D. & Price, S. & Woo, C.K., 2012. "Avoided cost estimation and cost-effectiveness of permanent load shifting in California," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 115-121.
- Faruqui, A. & Hajos, A. & Hledik, R.M. & Newell, S.A., 2010. "Fostering economic demand response in the Midwest ISO," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1544-1552.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:36:y:2008:i:4:p:1366-1374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.