Bi-directional causality in California's electricity and natural-gas markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Woo, Chi-Keung, 2001. "What went wrong in California's electricity market?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 747-758.
- Paul L. Joskow & Edward Kohn, 2002.
"A Quantitative Analysis of Pricing Behavior in California's Wholesale Electricity Market During Summer 2000,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-35.
- Paul Joskow & Edward Kahn, 2001. "A Quantitative Analysis of Pricing Behavior in California's Wholesale Electricity Market During Summer 2000," NBER Working Papers 8157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joskow, P. & Edward Kahn, 2002. "A Quantitative Analysis of Pricing Behavior In California’s Wholesale Electricity Market During Summer 2000," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0211, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tishler, Asher & Woo, Chi-Keung & Lloyd, Debra, 2002. "Reforming Israel's electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 347-353, March.
- Chi-Keung Woo, 1988. "Inefficiency of Avoided Cost Pricing of Cogenerated Power," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 103-113.
- Apostolos Serletis & John Herbert, 2007. "The Message in North American Energy Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Quantitative And Empirical Analysis Of Energy Markets, chapter 13, pages 156-171 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Carl Blumstein & Lee Friedman & Richard Green, 2002. "The History of Electricity Restructuring in California," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 9-38, June.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Lloyd, Debra & Tishler, Asher, 2003. "Electricity market reform failures: UK, Norway, Alberta and California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1103-1115, September.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Martin, Jennifer, 1998. "Reliability Differentiation of Electricity Transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 277-292, May.
- repec:clg:wpaper:1999-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahmad Faruqui, Hung-po Chao, Vic Niemeyer, Jeremy Platt and Karl Stahlkopf, 2001. "Analyzing California's Power Crisis," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 29-52.
- Pierce, David A. & Haugh, Larry D., 1977. "Causality in temporal systems : Characterization and a survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 265-293, May.
- David A. Pierce & Larry D. Haugh, 1977. "Causality in temporal systems: characterizations and a survey," Special Studies Papers 87, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- Marlin King & Milan Cuc, 1996. "Price Convergence in North American Natural Gas Spot Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 17-42.
- Jurewitz, John L., 2002. "California's Electricity Debacle: A Guided Tour," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 10-29, May.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Severin Borenstein, 2002. "The Trouble With Electricity Markets: Understanding California's Restructuring Disaster," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 191-211, Winter.
- Doane, Michael J & Spulber, Daniel F, 1994. "Open Access and the Evolution of the U.S. Spot Market for Natural Gas," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 477-517, October.
- Lee, Won-Woo, 2004. "US lessons for energy industry restructuring: based on natural gas and California electricity incidences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 237-259, January.
- Chi-Keung Woo & Debra Lloyd-Zannetti & Ira Horowitz, 1997. "Electricity Market Integration in the Pacific Northwest," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 75-101.
- Chao, Hung-Po & Wilson, Robert, 2002. "Multi-dimensional Procurement Auctions for Power Reserves: Robust Incentive-Compatible Scoring and Settlement Rules," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 161-183, September.
- Frank A. Wolak, 2003. "Measuring Unilateral Market Power in Wholesale Electricity Markets: The California Market, 1998–2000," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 425-430, May.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Karimov, Rouslan I. & Horowitz, Ira, 2004. "Managing electricity procurement cost and risk by a local distribution company," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 635-645, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nakajima, Tadahiro, 2013. "Inefficient and opaque price formation in the Japan Electric Power Exchange," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 329-334.
- He, Yongxiu & Wang, Bing & Wang, Jianhui & Xiong, Wei & Xia, Tian, 2013. "Correlation between Chinese and international energy prices based on a HP filter and time difference analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 898-909.
- Woo, C.K. & Ho, T. & Zarnikau, J. & Olson, A. & Jones, R. & Chait, M. & Horowitz, I. & Wang, J., 2014. "Electricity-market price and nuclear power plant shutdown: Evidence from California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 234-244.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:9-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nakajima, Tadahiro & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2013. "Testing causal relationships between wholesale electricity prices and primary energy prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 869-877.
- Cetin, Tamer & Oguz, Fuat, 2007. "The reform in the Turkish natural gas market: A critical evaluation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3856-3867, July.
- de Menezes, Lilian M. & Houllier, Melanie A. & Tamvakis, Michael, 2016. "Time-varying convergence in European electricity spot markets and their association with carbon and fuel prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 613-627.
- repec:eee:appene:v:204:y:2017:i:c:p:531-543 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:219-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abadie, Luis Maria & Heres, David R., 2011. "Electricity Prices and Generation Costs in European Futures Markets with Implications for Spain/Precios de la electricidad y costes de generación en los mercados de futuros europeos: implicaciones par," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 561-574, Agosto.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:1859-1867 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chae, Yeoungjin & Kim, Myunghwan & Yoo, Seung-Hoon, 2012. "Does natural gas fuel price cause system marginal price, vice-versa, or neither? A causality analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 199-204.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:34:y:2006:i:15:p:2060-2070. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.