Determinants of Spain's decision to leave the European Monetary Union
Spain is the Member State of the European Union whose public opinion is most in favour to exit the Eurozone. In this context, there is a growing social and political debate on this Number in this Member State. This paper analyses at a theoretical level the main economic and socio political determinants that Spain would face if it were considering to take a decision to leave the EMU.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/RSCAS/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schuknecht, Ludger & Moutot, Philippe & Rother, Philipp & Stark , Jürgen, 2011.
"The Stability and Growth Pact - crisis and reform,"
Occasional Paper Series
129, European Central Bank.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- Silvana Tenreyro & Robert J. Barro, 2002.
"Economic effects of currency unions,"
02-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Vaugirard, Victor, 2007. "Bank bailouts and political instability," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 821-837, December.
- C. Randall Henning & Martin Kessler, 2012.
"Fiscal federalism: US history for architects of Europe's fiscal union,"
Essays and Lectures
- C. Randall Henning & Martin Kessler, 2012. "Fiscal Federalism: US History for Architects of Europe's Fiscal Union," Working Paper Series WP12-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Barro, Robert & Alesina, Alberto, 2002.
4551795, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-25, August.
- Paul De Grauwe, 2011. "The European Central Bank: Lender of Last Resort in the Government Bond Markets?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3569, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2007.
"Checking Out: Exits from Currency Unions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6254, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eloísa Ortega & Juan Peñalosa, 2012. "The Spanish economic crisis: key factors and growth challenges in the euro area," Banco de Espa�a Occasional Papers 1201, Banco de Espa�a.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsc:rsceui:2013/56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RSCAS web unit)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.