The Stability and Growth Pact - crisis and reform
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Lars Jonung & Eoin Drea, 2009. "The euro: It can't happen, It's a bad idea, It won't last. US economists on the EMU, 1989-2002," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 395, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Hauptmeier, Sebastian & Sanchez-Fuentes, A. Jesus & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2011.
"Towards expenditure rules and fiscal sanity in the euro area,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 597-617, July.
- Hauptmeier, Sebastian & Sanchez Fuentes, Jesus & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2010. "Towards expenditure rules and fiscal sanity in the euro area," Working Paper Series 1266, European Central Bank.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & Hauptmeier, Sebastian & Sanchez Fuéntes, Jésus, 2011. "Towards Expenditure Rules and Fiscal Sanity in the Euro Area," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48693, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- van Riet, Ad, 2010. "Euro area fiscal policies and the crisis," Occasional Paper Series 109, European Central Bank.
- Holm-Hadulla, Fédéric & Hauptmeier, Sebastian & Rother, Philipp, 2010. "The impact of numerical expenditure rules on budgetary discipline over the cycle," Working Paper Series 1169, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Groot, Oliver & Holm-Hadulla, Fédéric & Leiner-Killinger, Nadine, 2015.
"Cost of borrowing shocks and fiscal adjustment,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 23-48.
- Leiner-Killinger, Nadine & Holm-Hadulla, Fédéric & de Groot, Oliver, 2012. "Cost of borrowing shocks and fiscal adjustment," Working Paper Series 1503, European Central Bank.
- Oliver de Groot & Fédéric Holm-Hadulla & Nadine Leiner-Killinger, 2013. "Cost of borrowing shocks and fiscal adjustment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-59, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ioannou, Demosthenes & Jamet, Jean-Francois & Kleibl, Johannes, 2015. "Spillovers and euroscepticism," Working Paper Series 1815, European Central Bank.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Zohal Hessami, 2017.
"Monetary integration, soft budget constraints, and the EMU sovereign debt crises,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 252-275, November.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Zohal Hessami, 2013. "Monetary Integration, Soft Budget Constraints, and the EMU Sovereign Debt Crises," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-03, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:12:y:2014:i:1:p:19108863 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikki Panjer & Leo de Haan & Jan Jacobs, 2017. "Is fiscal policy in the euro area Ricardian?," DNB Working Papers 562, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Goda, Thomas & Onaran, Özlem & Stockhammer, Engelbert, 2014.
"A case for redistribution? income inequality and wealth concentration in the recent crisis,"
Greenwich Papers in Political Economy
14056, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Thomas Goda & Özlem Onaran & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2014. "A case for redistribution? Income inequality and wealth concentration in the recent crisis," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 012186, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- repec:bla:jcmkts:v:55:y:2017:i:6:p:1221-1238 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karsai ZoltÃ¡n-KrisztiÃ¡n, 2012. "Does The Maastricht Convergence Criteria Work?," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 107-114, December.
- Damir Šehović, 2015. "Analysis of Fiscal Rules in the European Monetary Union," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 4(1), pages 19-33.
- Antonio Estella, 2013. "Determinants of Spain's decision to leave the European Monetary Union," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/56, European University Institute.
- Ludger Schuknecht, 2013. "Has Public Insurance Gone Too Far?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4217, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jakob de Haan & Jeroen Hessel & Niels Gilbert, 2014. "Reforming the architecture of EMU: Ensuring stability in Europe," DNB Working Papers 446, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Creel, Jérôme & Hubert, Paul & Saraceno, Francesco, 2013.
"An assessment of the Stability and Growth Pact reform in a small-scale macro-framework,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1567-1580.
- Jérôme Creel & Paul Hubert & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "An assessment of stability and growth pact reform proposals in a small-scale macro framework," Sciences Po publications 2012-04, Sciences Po.
- Jerome Creel & Paul Hubert & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "An assessment of Stability and Growth Pact Reform Proposals in a Small-Scale Macro Framework," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2012-04, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Jérôme Creel & Paul Hubert & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "An assessment of stability and growth pact reform proposals in a small-scale macro framework," Working Papers hal-01070286, HAL.
- Ansgar Belke & Jens Klose, 2017.
"Equilibrium Real Interest Rates and Secular Stagnation: An Empirical Analysis for Euro Area Member Countries,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(6), pages 1221-1238, November.
- Belke, Ansgar & Klose, Jens, 2016. "Equilibrium real interest rates and secular stagnation: An empirical analysis for euro area member countries," Ruhr Economic Papers 621, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Jens Klose, 2017. "Equilibrium Real Interest Rates and Secular Stagnation: An Empirical Analysis for Euro-Area Member Countries," ROME Working Papers 201712, ROME Network.
- Paul J.J. Welfens, 2012. "Towards a Euro Fiscal Union: Reinforced Fiscal and Macroeconomic Coordination and Surveillance is Not Enough," EIIW Discussion paper disbei191, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Zohal Hessami, 2011. "A Tale of Five PIIGS: Soft Budget Constraints and the EMU Sovereign Debt Crises," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-45, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Gulbahar UCLER & Hale KIRMIZIOGLU, 2015. "The Reasons of Eurozone Sovereign Debt Crisis and an Empirical Analysis over Permanency of the Crisis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 86-96.
- Antonio Estella, 2013. "Determinants of Spain’s decision to leave the European Monetary Union," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 56, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Ermal Hitaj & Yasin Kursat Onder, 2013. "Fiscal Discipline in WAEMU; Rules, Institutions, and Markets," IMF Working Papers 13/216, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin Berghausen, 2014. "Public Debt in the Eurozone," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(1), pages 55-57, 04.
- Bergman, U. Michael & Hutchison, Michael M. & Jensen, Svend E. Hougaard, 2016. "Promoting sustainable public finances in the European Union: The role of fiscal rules and government efficiency," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-19.
More about this item
KeywordsEU institutional reform; fiscal deficits; fiscal rules; public debt; Stability and Growth Pact;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-10-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2011-10-01 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-10-01 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbops:20110129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.