Africa And The Global Economic Crisis: A Risk Assessment And Action Guide
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wim Naudé, 2010. "Africa And The Global Economic Crisis: A Risk Assessment And Action Guide," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 27, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Naudé, Wim, 2010. "Africa and the global economic crisis: A Risk assessment and action guide," MPRA Paper 19856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Naudé, Wim & Saayman, Andrea, 2005. "Determinants of tourist arrivals in Africa: a panel data regression analysis," MPRA Paper 16479, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benno J. Ndulu, 2007. "Challenges of African Growth : Opportunities, Constraints, and Strategic Directions," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6656.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Mody, Ashoka & Nedeljkovic, Milan & Sarno, Lucio, 2012.
"How the Subprime Crisis went global: Evidence from bank credit default swap spreads,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1299-1318.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody & Milan Nedeljkovic & Lucio Sarno, 2009. "How the Subprime Crisis Went Global: Evidence from Bank Credit Default Swap Spreads," NBER Working Papers 14904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody & Milan Nedeljkovic & Lucio Sarno, 2012. "How the Subprime Crisis Went Global: Evidence from Bank Credit Default Swap Spreads," Working papers 21, National Bank of Serbia.
- Paul Collier, 2006. "African Growth: Why a 'Big Push'?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(2), pages 188-211, December.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Ilia Rainer, 2007. "The modern impact of precolonial centralization in Africa," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 185-234, September.
- Arbache, Jorge Saba & Page, John, 2007. "More growth or fewer collapses ? a new look at long run growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4384, The World Bank.
- Jutta Bolt & Dirk Bezemer, 2009. "Understanding Long-Run African Growth: Colonial Institutions or Colonial Education?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 24-54.
- Nancy Birdsall, 2007.
"Do No Harm: Aid, Weak Institutions and the Missing Middle in Africa,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 25(5), pages 575-598, September.
- Nancy Birdsall, 2007. "Do No Harm: Aid, Weak Institutions, and the Missing Middle in Africa," Working Papers 113, Center for Global Development.
- Carment, David & Prest, Stewart & Samy, Yiagadeesen, 2008. "Determinants of State Fragility and Implications for Aid Allocation: An Assessment Based on the Country Indicators for Foreign Policy Project," WIDER Working Paper Series 046, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naude, Wim & Matthee, Marianne, 2007. "The Significance of Transport Costs in Africa," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Fosu, Augustin Kwasi & Naude, Wim, 2009. "The Global Economic Crisis: Towards Syndrome-Free Recovery for Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series WIDER Discussion Paper 20, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lino Briguglio & Gordon Cordina & Nadia Farrugia & Stephanie Vella, 2009.
"Economic Vulnerability and Resilience: Concepts and Measurements,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 229-247.
- Briguglio, Lino & Cordina, Gordon & Farrugia, Nadia & Vella, Stephanie, 2008. "Economic Vulnerability and Resilience: Concepts and Measurements," WIDER Working Paper Series 055, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- W. A. Naudé, 2004. "The effects of policy, institutions and geography on economic growth in Africa: an econometric study based on cross-section and panel data," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 821-849.
- Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina N. & McGillivray, Mark, 2008. "State Fragility: Concept and Measurement," WIDER Working Paper Series 044, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cannon, Terry, 2008. "Reducing People?s Vulnerability to Natural Hazards: Communities and Resilience," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- W. A. Naude & W. F. Krugell, 2007. "Investigating geography and institutions as determinants of foreign direct investment in Africa using panel data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1223-1233.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal financial crisis; Africa; vulnerability; resilience; fragile states. .;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsc:rsceui:2010/27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RSCAS web unit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rsiueit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.