Optimal Bank Capital Requirements: An Asymmetric Information Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blum, Jürg M., 2008.
"Why 'Basel II' may need a leverage ratio restriction,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1699-1707, August.
- Jürg M. Blum, 2007. "Why 'Basel II' May Need a Leverage Ratio Restriction," Working Papers 2007-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Vazquez, Francisco & Federico, Pablo, 2015.
"Bank funding structures and risk: Evidence from the global financial crisis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-14.
- Pablo Federico & Francisco F. Vazquez, 2012. "Bank Funding Structures and Risk; Evidence From the Global Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 12/29, International Monetary Fund.
- Rafael Repullo & Jesús Saurina, 2011.
"The Countercyclical Capital Buffer of Basel III: A Critical Assessment,"
wp2011_1102, CEMFI, revised Jun 2011.
- Repullo, Rafael & Saurina, Jesús, 2011. "The Countercyclical Capital Buffer of Basel III: A Critical Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 8304, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1995. "Regulation, moral hazard and insurance of environmental risks," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 319-336, November.
- Arturo Estrella & Sangkyun Park & Stavros Peristiani, 2000. "Capital ratios as predictors of bank failure," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 33-52.
- Christoph Basten & Catherine Koch, 2015.
"Higher bank capital requirements and mortgage pricing: evidence from the Countercyclical Capital Buffer (CCB),"
BIS Working Papers
511, Bank for International Settlements.
- Basten, Christhoph & Koch, Cathérine, 2015. "Higher Bank Capital Requirements and Mortgage Pricing: Evidence from the Countercyclical Capital Buffer (CCB)," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 26, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Allen, Bill & Chan, Ka Kei & Milne, Alistair & Thomas, Steve, 2012. "Basel III: Is the cure worse than the disease?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 159-166.
- Giammarino, Ronald M & Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1993. " An Incentive Approach to Banking Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1523-1542, September.
- Jones, David, 2000. "Emerging problems with the Basel Capital Accord: Regulatory capital arbitrage and related issues," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 35-58, January.
- Ho-Mou Wu & Yue Zhao, 2016. "Optimal Leverage Ratio and Capital Requirements with Limited Regulatory Power," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 20(6), pages 2125-2150.
- Andrew D. Crockett, 1997. "Why is financial stability a goal of public policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 5-22.
- Repullo, Rafael & Suarez, Javier, 2004. "Loan pricing under Basel capital requirements," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 496-521, October.
- Andrew G. Haldane, 2015. "Multi-Polar Regulation," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 11(3), pages 385-401, June.
- Dermine, Jean, 2015. "Basel III leverage ratio requirement and the probability of bank runs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 266-277.
- VanHoose, David, 2007. "Theories of bank behavior under capital regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3680-3697, December.
- Clovis Rugemintwari, 2011. "The Leverage Ratio as a Bank Discipline Device," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 62(3), pages 479-490.
- Marshall, David A. & Prescott, Edward Simpson, 2001.
"Bank capital regulation with and without state-contingent penalties,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 139-184, June.
- David A. Marshall & Edward Simpson Prescott, 2000. "Bank capital regulation with and without state-contingent penalties," Working Paper Series WP-00-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Patrick Slovik & Boris Cournède, 2011. "Macroeconomic Impact of Basel III," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 844, OECD Publishing.
- Blum, Jurg, 1999. "Do capital adequacy requirements reduce risks in banking?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 755-771, May.
- Andrew D. Crockett, 1997. "Why is financial stability a goal of public policy?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-36.
- Jarrow, Robert, 2013. "A leverage ratio rule for capital adequacy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 973-976.
- Bennet Berger & Pia Hüttl & Silvia Merler, 2016. "Total assets versus risk weighted assets: does it matter for MREL?," Policy Contributions 15646, Bruegel.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:prg:jnlefa:v:2018:y:2018:i:4:id:216:p:05-24 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsbank capital requirements; bank regulation; moral hazard; adverse selection;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2017-03-12 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2017-03-12 (Central Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2017-03-12 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sepewp:2017_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Layla Tarar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seluiit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.