Business Responses to the Introduction of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme: Part I
This study creates a 2010 baseline of business responses to the introduction of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme (NZ ETS) and the reasons for those responses. It is too soon to judge the effectiveness of the NZ ETS. Indeed at the time of this study many firms were still coming to terms with the scheme. What has been observed, however, are early signs that the price incentive is starting to have an effect. Potential issues that may in the future require policy intervention are also identified.
|Date of creation:||30 Mar 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +64-4-473 4638
Web page: http://www.med.govt.nz/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoffmann, Volker H., 2007. "EU ETS and Investment Decisions:: The Case of the German Electricity Industry," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 464-474, December.
- Nick Johnstone & Pascale Scapecchi & Bjarne Ytterhus & Rolf Wolff, 2004. "The firm, environmental management and environmental measures: Lessons from a survey of European manufacturing firms," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 685-707.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1988. "Industrial Economics: An Overview," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 643-81, September.
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 2002.
"Market Structure and Environmental Innovation,"
Documentos de Trabajo
215, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Parry, Ian W H & Pizer, William A & Fischer, Carolyn, 2003.
"How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 237-55, May.
- Parry, Ian & Pizer, William & Fischer, Carolyn, 2002. "How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?," Discussion Papers dp-02-57, Resources For the Future.
- Parry, Ian & Pizer, William & Fischer, Carolyn, 2002. "How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?," Discussion Papers dp-00-15-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Kolk, Ans & Pinkse, Jonatan, 2004. "Market Strategies for Climate Change," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 304-314, June.
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "On Taxation and the Control of Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 307-22, June.
- Bartleet, Matthew & Iyer, Kris & Lawrence, Gillian & Numan-Parsons, Elisabeth & Stroombergen, Adolf, 2009. "Impact of emissions pricing on New Zealand manufacturing: A short-run analysis," Occasional Papers 10/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Yasuhumi Mori & Eric Welch, 2008. "The ISO 14001 environmental management standard in Japan: results from a national survey of facilities in four industries," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(3), pages 421-445.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Greenslade, Jennifer & Parker, Miles, 2010. "New insights into price-setting behaviour in the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 395, Bank of England.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Bartleet, Matthew & Iyer, Kris & Numan-Parsons, Elisabeth, 2010. "Emission intensity in New Zealand manufacturing and the short-run impacts of emissions pricing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7756-7763, December.
- Kolk, Ans & Levy, David, 2001. "Winds of Change:: Corporate Strategy, Climate change and Oil Multinationals," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 501-509, October.
- Håkansson, Håkan & Snehota, Ivan, 2006. "No business is an island: The network concept of business strategy," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 256-270, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:nzmedo:2011_004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Devine)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.