Business Responses to the Introduction of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme: Part I
This study creates a 2010 baseline of business responses to the introduction of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme (NZ ETS) and the reasons for those responses. It is too soon to judge the effectiveness of the NZ ETS. Indeed at the time of this study many firms were still coming to terms with the scheme. What has been observed, however, are early signs that the price incentive is starting to have an effect. Potential issues that may in the future require policy intervention are also identified.
|Date of creation:||30 Mar 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 1473, Wellington|
Fax: +64-4-473 4638
Web page: http://www.med.govt.nz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoffmann, Volker H., 2007. "EU ETS and Investment Decisions:: The Case of the German Electricity Industry," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 464-474, December.
- Kolk, Ans & Levy, David, 2001. "Winds of Change:: Corporate Strategy, Climate change and Oil Multinationals," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 501-509, October.
- Bartleet, Matthew & Iyer, Kris & Lawrence, Gillian & Numan-Parsons, Elisabeth & Stroombergen, Adolf, 2009. "Impact of emissions pricing on New Zealand manufacturing: A short-run analysis," Occasional Papers 10/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 2002.
"Market Structure and Environmental Innovation,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 5, pages 293-325, November.
- Kolk, Ans & Pinkse, Jonatan, 2004. "Market Strategies for Climate Change," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 304-314, June.
- Håkansson, Håkan & Snehota, Ivan, 2006. "No business is an island: The network concept of business strategy," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 256-270, September.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Parry, Ian & Pizer, William & Fischer, Carolyn, 2002.
"How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?,"
dp-00-15-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Parry, Ian W H & Pizer, William A & Fischer, Carolyn, 2003. "How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 237-255, May.
- Parry, Ian & Pizer, William & Fischer, Carolyn, 2002. "How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?," Discussion Papers dp-02-57, Resources For the Future.
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "On Taxation and the Control of Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 307-322, June.
- Yasuhumi Mori & Eric Welch, 2008. "The ISO 14001 environmental management standard in Japan: results from a national survey of facilities in four industries," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(3), pages 421-445.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Nick Johnstone & Pascale Scapecchi & Bjarne Ytterhus & Rolf Wolff, 2004. "The firm, environmental management and environmental measures: Lessons from a survey of European manufacturing firms," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 685-707.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1988. "Industrial Economics: An Overview," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 643-681, September.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Greenslade, Jennifer & Parker, Miles, 2010. "New insights into price-setting behaviour in the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 395, Bank of England.
- Bartleet, Matthew & Iyer, Kris & Numan-Parsons, Elisabeth, 2010. "Emission intensity in New Zealand manufacturing and the short-run impacts of emissions pricing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7756-7763, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:nzmedo:2011_004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Devine)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.