Offering Energy Efficiency under Imperfect Competition and Consumer Inattention
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrick Rey & Jean Tirole, 1998. "Network Competition: I. Overview and Nondiscriminatory Pricing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 1-37, Spring.
- Stigler, George J., 2011. "Economics of Information," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 5, pages 35-49.
- Heiko Karle & Martin Peitz, 2014.
"Competition under consumer loss aversion,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Karle, Heiko & Peitz, Martin, 2012. "Competition under consumer loss aversion," Working Papers 12-08, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Karle, Heiko & Peitz, Martin, 2014. "Competition under consumer loss aversion," Working Papers 12-08, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- George Loewenstein & Cass R. Sunstein & Russell Golman, 2014. "Disclosure: Psychology Changes Everything," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 391-419, August.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, September.
- Martin J. Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 1994. "A Course in Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650401, September.
- Paul Klemperer, 1987. "The Competitiveness of Markets with Switching Costs," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(1), pages 138-150, Spring.
- Smith, Gerald E. & Venkatraman, Meera P. & Dholakia, Ruby Roy, 1999. "Diagnosing the search cost effect: Waiting time and the moderating impact of prior category knowledge," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 285-314, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wagner, Johannes, 2018. "Distributed Generation in Unbundled Electricity Markets," EWI Working Papers 2018-1, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dasgupta Utteeyo, 2011. "Are Entry Threats Always Credible?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-41, December.
- Mateusz Zawisza & Bogumil Kaminski, 2013. "Price patterns in an oligopoly with switching cost and uncertain demand," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 3, pages 71-89.
- Ángel L. López & Patrick Rey, 2009.
"Foreclosing Competition through Access Charges and Price Discrimination,"
2009.99, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Lopez, Angel & Rey, Patrick, 2009. "Foreclosing Competition through Access Charges and Price Discrimination," IDEI Working Papers 570, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2015.
- Lopez, Angel L. & Rey, Patrick, 2009. "Foreclosing competition through access charges and price discrimination," IESE Research Papers D/801, IESE Business School.
- Lopez, Angel & Rey, Patrick, 2009. "Foreclosing Competition through Access Charges and Price Discrimination," TSE Working Papers 09-056, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised 02 Apr 2015.
- Lopez, Angel L. & Rey, Patrick, 2009. "Foreclosing Competition through Access Charges and Price Discrimination," Institutions and Markets Papers 55326, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Todorova, Tamara & Dzharova, Veselina, 2010.
"Optimal Time and Opportunity Cost of Job Search in Low-income Groups: an Out-of-the-job Search Model,"
EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 195-205.
- Todorova, Tamara & Dzharova, Veselina, 2010. "Optimal Time and Opportunity Cost of Job Search in Low-Income Groups: an Out-of-the-job Search Model," MPRA Paper 25709, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aparajita Goyal, 2010.
"Information, Direct Access to Farmers, and Rural Market Performance in Central India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 22-45, July.
- Goyal, Aparajita, 2010. "Information, direct access to farmers, andrural market performance in central India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5315, The World Bank.
- Fredriksen, Kaja & Runst, Petrik & Bizer, Kilian, 2017. "Masterful Meisters? Voluntary Certification and Quality in the German Crafts Sector," ifh Working Papers 3 (2017), Volkswirtschaftliches Institut für Mittelstand und Handwerk an der Universität Göttingen (ifh).
- J. Tyrone & Franklin Mixon & Len Treviño & Taisa Minto, 2003. "Politics and the Adoption of Legislative Television: An Analysis of the U.S. House Vote on C-SPAN," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 345-355, November.
- Ángel L. López & Patrick Rey, 2016. "Foreclosing Competition Through High Access Charges and Price Discrimination," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 436-465, September.
- Noto, Claudio, 2020. "Airport slots, secondary trading, and congestion pricing at an airport with a dominant network airline," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2003.
"An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-466, December.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2002. "An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2909, The World Bank.
- Evens Salies, 2012.
"Product Innovation when Consumers have Switching Costs,"
Chapters, in: Michael Dietrich & Jackie Krafft (ed.), Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 31,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Salies, Evens, 2010. "Product innovation when consumers have switching costs," MPRA Paper 28884, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Feb 2011.
- Evens Salies, 2011. "Product innovation when consumers have switching costs," Sciences Po publications 2011-07, Sciences Po.
- Evens Salies, 2011. "Product innovation when consumers have switching costs," Working Papers hal-01069472, HAL.
- Evens Salies, 2011. "Product innovation when consumers have switching costs," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2011-07, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Evens Salies, 2011. "Product innovation when consumers have switching costs," Sciences Po publications 28884, Sciences Po.
- Kaja Fredriksen & Petrik Runst & Kilian Bizer, 2019. "Masterful Meisters? Voluntary Certification and Quality in the German Crafts Sector," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 20(1), pages 83-104, February.
- Horn, Henrik & Mavroidis, Petros C., 2001.
"Economic and legal aspects of the Most-Favored-Nation clause,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 233-279, June.
- Horn, Henrik & Mavroidis, Petros C, 2001. "Economic and Legal Aspects of the Most Favoured Nation Clause," CEPR Discussion Papers 2859, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruce Carlin & Arna Olafsson & Michaela Pagel, 2017. "FinTech Adoption Across Generations: Financial Fitness in the Information Age," NBER Working Papers 23798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- D. Fudenberg & D. K. Levine., 2017.
"Whither game theory? Towards a theory of learning in games,"
VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 5.
- Drew Fudenberg & David K. Levine, 2016. "Whither Game Theory? Towards a Theory of Learning in Games," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 151-170, Fall.
- Tamer Boyaci & Yalçin Akçay, 2016. "Pricing when customers have limited attention," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-16-01, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, revised 19 Jan 2017.
- Eliasson, Gunnar, 1989. "The Economics of Coordination, Innovation, Selection and Learning: A Theoretical Framework for Research in Industrial Economics," Working Paper Series 235, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Jhuma Mukhopadhyay & Indrani Chakraborty, 2017. "Competition and Industry Performance: A Panel VAR Analysis in Indian Manufacturing Sector," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(2), pages 343-366, June.
- Drew Fudenberg, 2015.
"Tirole's Industrial Regulation and Organization Legacy in Economics,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 117(3), pages 771-800, July.
- Fudenberg, Drew, 2015. "Tirole's Industrial Regulation and Organization Legacy in Economics," Scholarly Articles 27303657, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:wut:journl:v:3:y:2013:id:1089 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wandel, Jürgen, 2011. "Integrierte Strukturen im Agrar- und Ernährungssektor Russlands: Entstehungsgründe, Funktionsweise, Entwicklungsperspektiven und volkswirtschaftliche Auswirkungen. Band I und II," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 63, number 63.
More about this item
KeywordsImperfect Competition; Consumer Inattention; Product Diﬀerentiation; Disclosure; Energy Efficiency;
All these keywords.
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2016-07-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2016-07-16 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2016-07-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-MKT-2016-07-16 (Marketing)
- NEP-REG-2016-07-16 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ewikln:2016_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Williams). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewikode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.