The Future of Nuclear Power in France: An Analysis of the Costs of Phasing-out
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Malischek, Raimund & Trüby, Johannes, 2016. "The future of nuclear power in France: an analysis of the costs of phasing-out," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P1), pages 908-921.
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, Nyun-Bae & Yun, Sun-Jin & Jeon, Eui-Chan, 2013. "An analysis of long-term scenarios for the transition to renewable energy in the Korean electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 288-296.
- Fabien A. Roques & William J. Nuttall & David M. Newbery & Richard de Neufville & Stephen Connors, 2006.
"Nuclear Power: A Hedge against Uncertain Gas and Carbon Prices?,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-24.
- Roques, F.A. & Nuttall, W.J. & Newbery, D.M. & de Neufville, R., 2005. "Nuclear Power: a Hedge against Uncertain Gas and Carbon Prices?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0555, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Cany, Camille & Mansilla, Christine & da Costa, Pascal & Mathonnière, Gilles & Duquesnoy, Thierry & Baschwitz, Anne, 2016. "Nuclear and intermittent renewables: Two compatible supply options? The case of the French power mix," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 135-146.
- Gardner, Douglas T., 1996. "Flexibility in electric power planning: Coping with demand uncertainty," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(12), pages 1207-1218.
- Douglas T. Gardner & J. Scott Rogers, 1999. "Planning Electric Power Systems Under Demand Uncertainty with Different Technology Lead Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(10), pages 1289-1306, October.
- Bertsch, Joachim & Growitsch, Christian & Lorenczik, Stefan & Nagl, Stephan, 2016.
"Flexibility in Europe's power sector — An additional requirement or an automatic complement?,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 118-131.
- Bertsch, Joachim & Growitsch, Christian & Lorenczik, Stefan & Nagl, Stephan, 2013. "Flexibility in Europe's Power Sector - an Additional Requirement or an Automatic Complement?," EWI Working Papers 2013-10, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Bertsch, Joachim & Growitsch, Christian & Lorenczik, Stefan & Nagl, Stephan, 2013. "Flexibility in Europe's power sector - an additional requirement or an automatic complement?," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79944, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Felix Höffler & Achim Wambach, 2013. "Investment coordination in network industries: the case of electricity grid and electricity generation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 287-307, December.
- Fürsch, Michaela & Nagl, Stephan & Lindenberger, Dietmar, 2012. "Optimization of power plant investments under uncertain renewable energy development paths - A multistage stochastic programming approach," EWI Working Papers 2012-8, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Jägemann, Cosima & Fürsch, Michaela & Hagspiel, Simeon & Nagl, Stephan, 2013. "Decarbonizing Europe's power sector by 2050 — Analyzing the economic implications of alternative decarbonization pathways," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 622-636.
- Hong, Sanghyun & Bradshaw, Corey J.A. & Brook, Barry W., 2013. "Evaluating options for the future energy mix of Japan after the Fukushima nuclear crisis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 418-424.
- Richter, Jan, 2011. "DIMENSION - A Dispatch and Investment Model for European Electricity Markets," EWI Working Papers 2011-3, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Kannan, Ramachandran & Turton, Hal, 2012. "Cost of ad-hoc nuclear policy uncertainties in the evolution of the Swiss electricity system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 391-406.
- Nagl, Stephan & Fürsch, Michaela & Lindenberger, Dietmar, 2012. "The costs of electricity systems with a high share of fluctuating renewables - a stochastic investment and dispatch optimization model for Europe," EWI Working Papers 2012-1, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Höffler, Felix & Wambach, Achim, 2013. "Investment Coordination in Network Industries: The Case of Electricity Grid and Electricity," EWI Working Papers 2013-12, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Michaela Fursch & Dietmar Lindenberger & Raimund Malischek & Stephan Nagl & Timo Panke & Johannes Truby, 2012.
"German Nuclear Policy Reconsidered: Implications for the Electricity Market,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Fürsch, Michaela & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Malischek, Raimund & Nagl, Stephan & Panke, Timo & Trüby, Johannes, 2011. "German Nuclear Policy Reconsidered: Implications for the Electricity Market," EWI Working Papers 2011-12, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:8:p:1235-:d:109067 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rinne, Sonja, 2018. "Radioinactive: Are nuclear power plant outages in France contagious to the German electricity price?," CIW Discussion Papers 3/2018, University of Münster, Center for Interdisciplinary Economics (CIW).
- repec:eee:enepol:v:116:y:2018:i:c:p:323-336 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsnuclear policy; uncertainty; investment; France; electricity market modeling;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2016-03-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2016-03-23 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ewikln:2014_015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Williams). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ewikode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.