East Asian and European Economic Integration: A Comparative Analysis
This paper compares the economic integration processes of the European Union and the East Asian nations and comments on the possible reciprocal lessons, if any, that can be drawn in order to smooth the future paths of the two groups. On the EU side, institutions, structural policies, and the monetary union are most relevant, and in East Asia, production networks, trade, and financial cooperation. Both entities are presently facing difficult challenges to progress and growth.
|Date of creation:||01 May 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 789, Manila|
Fax: (63-2) 636-2648
Web page: http://www.adb.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kwanho Shin & Chan-Hyun Sohn, 2006. "Trade and Financial Integration in East Asia: Effects on Co-movements," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(12), pages 1649-1669, December.
- Capannelli, Giovanni & Lee, Jong-Wha & Petri, Peter, 2009. "Developing Indicators for Regional Economic Integration and Cooperation," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 33, Asian Development Bank.
- Shujiro Urata, 2004. "The Shift from "Market-led" to "Institution-led" Regional Economic Integration in East Asia in the late 1990s," Discussion papers 04012, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Ando, Mitsuyo, 2006. "Fragmentation and vertical intra-industry trade in East Asia," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-281, December.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 1979. "Money in International Exchange: The Convertible Currency System," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195024098.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Yamashita, Nobuaki, 2006.
"Production fragmentation and trade integration: East Asia in a global context,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 233-256, December.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Nobuaki Yamashita, 2005. "Production Fragmentation and Trade Integration: East Asia in a Global Context," Departmental Working Papers 2005-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Charles WYPLOSZ, 2006. "Deep Economic Integration: Is Europe a Blueprint?," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(2), pages 259-279.
- Siow Yue CHIA, 2006. "Labor Mobility and East Asian Integration," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(2), pages 349-367. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbrei:0029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivan B. de Leon)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.