Estimating Dual Deposit Insurance Premium Rates and Forecasting Non-performing Loans: Two New Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary & Ali Hassanzadeh & Ahmad Danu Prasetyo, 2014.
"Response of Stock Markets to Monetary Policy : An Asian Stock Market Perspective,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
24516, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Hassanzadeh, Ali & Prasetyo, Ahmad Danu, 2014. "Response of Stock Markets to Monetary Policy: An Asian Stock Market Perspective," ADBI Working Papers 497, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary & Ali Hassanzadeh & Ahmad Danu Prasetyo, 2014. "Response of Stock Markets to Monetary Policy : An Asian Stock Market Perspective," Finance Working Papers 24516, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Poon, Winnie P. H. & Firth, Michael & Fung, Hung-Gay, 1999. "A multivariate analysis of the determinants of Moody's bank financial strength ratings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 267-283, August.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad, 2014. "Hometown Investment Trust Funds: An Analysis of Credit Risk," ADBI Working Papers 505, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Boyle, Glenn W. & Stover, Roger D., 2003.
"Deposit insurance and the risk premium in bank deposit rates,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 699-717, April.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Boyle, G. W. & Stover, R. D., 2003. "Deposit Insurance and the Risk Premium in Bank Deposit Rates," Finance Working Papers 02-10, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Acharya, Sankarshan & Dreyfus, Jean-Francois, 1989. " Optimal Bank Reorganization Policies and the Pricing of Federal Deposit Insurance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1313-1333, December.
- Hwang, Dar-Yeh & Lee, Cheng F. & Liaw, K. Thomas, 1997. "Forecasting bank failures and deposit insurance premium," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 317-334.
- Noriko Inakura & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2010.
"Deposit insurance and depositor discipline: direct evidence on bank switching behaviour in Japan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(26), pages 3401-3415.
- Noriko Inakura & Satoshi Shimizutani & Ralph Paprzycki, 2005. "Deposit Insurance and Depositor Discipline: Direct Evidence on Bank Switching Behavior in Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-125, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ravi Kumar, P. & Ravi, V., 2007. "Bankruptcy prediction in banks and firms via statistical and intelligent techniques - A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(1), pages 1-28, July.
- Feger, Thuto & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2014. "Tax effort performance in sub-Sahara Africa and the role of colonialism," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 163-174.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Tomohiro Hirano, 2011. "Pro-cyclicality of the Basel Capital Requirement Ratio and Its Impact on Banks-super-∗," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 10(2), pages 22-36, Summer.
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, 2014. "Monetary policy and oil price fluctuations following the subprime mortgage crisis," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 157-174.
- Kane, Edward J., 1986. "Appearance and reality in deposit insurance: The case for reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 175-188, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Charoensivakorn, Phadet & Niraula, Baburam, 2015. "SME Credit Risk Analysis Using Bank Lending Data: An Analysis of Thai SMEs," ADBI Working Papers 536, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, 2014. "Analytical framework on credit risks for financing small and medium-sized enterprises in Asia," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 21(2), pages 1-21, December.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, 2015. "Analysis of Credit Ratings for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: Evidence from Asia," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 32(2), pages 18-37, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdual deposit insurance premium rates; non-performing loans; idiosyncratic shocks; fair premium rates;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2015-01-31 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2015-01-31 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2015-01-31 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-IAS-2015-01-31 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-01-31 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.