Estimating Dual Deposit Insurance Premium Rates and Forecasting Non-performing Loans: Two New Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary & Ali Hassanzadeh & Ahmad Danu Prasetyo, 2014.
"Response of Stock Markets to Monetary Policy : An Asian Stock Market Perspective,"
Finance Working Papers
24516, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Hassanzadeh, Ali & Prasetyo, Ahmad Danu, 2014. "Response of Stock Markets to Monetary Policy: An Asian Stock Market Perspective," ADBI Working Papers 497, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary & Ali Hassanzadeh & Ahmad Danu Prasetyo, 2014. "Response of Stock Markets to Monetary Policy : An Asian Stock Market Perspective," Macroeconomics Working Papers 24516, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Poon, Winnie P. H. & Firth, Michael & Fung, Hung-Gay, 1999. "A multivariate analysis of the determinants of Moody's bank financial strength ratings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 267-283, August.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad, 2014. "Hometown Investment Trust Funds: An Analysis of Credit Risk," ADBI Working Papers 505, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Boyle, Glenn W. & Stover, Roger D., 2003.
"Deposit insurance and the risk premium in bank deposit rates,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 699-717, April.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Boyle, G. W. & Stover, R. D., 2003. "Deposit Insurance and the Risk Premium in Bank Deposit Rates," Finance Working Papers 02-10, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Acharya, Sankarshan & Dreyfus, Jean-Francois, 1989. " Optimal Bank Reorganization Policies and the Pricing of Federal Deposit Insurance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1313-1333, December.
- Hwang, Dar-Yeh & Lee, Cheng F. & Liaw, K. Thomas, 1997. "Forecasting bank failures and deposit insurance premium," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 317-334.
- Noriko Inakura & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2010.
"Deposit insurance and depositor discipline: direct evidence on bank switching behaviour in Japan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(26), pages 3401-3415.
- Noriko Inakura & Satoshi Shimizutani & Ralph Paprzycki, 2005. "Deposit Insurance and Depositor Discipline: Direct Evidence on Bank Switching Behavior in Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-125, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ravi Kumar, P. & Ravi, V., 2007. "Bankruptcy prediction in banks and firms via statistical and intelligent techniques - A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(1), pages 1-28, July.
- Feger, Thuto & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2014. "Tax effort performance in sub-Sahara Africa and the role of colonialism," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 163-174.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Tomohiro Hirano, 2011. "Pro-cyclicality of the Basel Capital Requirement Ratio and Its Impact on Banks-super-∗," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 10(2), pages 22-36, Summer.
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, 2014. "Monetary policy and oil price fluctuations following the subprime mortgage crisis," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 157-174.
- Kane, Edward J., 1986. "Appearance and reality in deposit insurance: The case for reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 175-188, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Charoensivakorn, Phadet & Niraula, Baburam, 2015. "SME Credit Risk Analysis Using Bank Lending Data: An Analysis of Thai SMEs," ADBI Working Papers 536, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, 2014. "Analytical framework on credit risks for financing small and medium-sized enterprises in Asia," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 21(2), pages 1-21, December.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, 2015. "Analysis of Credit Ratings for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: Evidence from Asia," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 32(2), pages 18-37, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdual deposit insurance premium rates; non-performing loans; idiosyncratic shocks; fair premium rates;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2015-01-31 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2015-01-31 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2015-01-31 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-IAS-2015-01-31 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-01-31 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .