Deposit Insurance and Depositor Discipline: Direct Evidence on Bank Switching Behavior in Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Noriko Inakura & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2010. "Deposit insurance and depositor discipline: direct evidence on bank switching behaviour in Japan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(26), pages 3401-3415.
References listed on IDEAS
- Noriko Inekura & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2005. "Yokin Hoken Seido, Pay-off Kaikin to Yokishakiritsu: Kakei no Microdata ni yoru azukekaekoudou no kensho (in Japanese)," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-83, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Edward J. Kane, 2002.
"Deposit Insurance Around the Globe: Where Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 175-195, Spring.
- Edward J. Kane & Asli Demirguc-Kunt, 2001. "Deposit Insurance Around the Globe: Where Does it Work?," NBER Working Papers 8493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asl' & Kane, Edward J., 2001. "Depositinsurance around the globe : where does it work?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2679, The World Bank.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
- HORI Masahiro & ITO Yasuaki & MURATA Keiko, 2005. "Do Depositors Respond to Bank Risks as Expected? Evidence from Japanese Financial Institutions in the Banking Crisis," ESRI Discussion paper series 151, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2004. "Market discipline and deposit insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 375-399, March.
- MURATA Keiko & HORI Masahiro, 2004. "End Of The Convoy System And The Surge Of Market Discipline: Evidence From Japanese Small Financial Institutions," ESRI Discussion paper series 105, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guizani, Brahim, 2010. "Regulation Policy And Credit Crunch: Evidence From Japan," MPRA Paper 46827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 May 2013.
- Goedde-Menke, Michael & Langer, Thomas & Pfingsten, Andreas, 2014. "Impact of the financial crisis on bank run risk – Danger of the days after," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 522-533.
- Carin Cruijsen & Maaike Diepstraten, 2017.
"Banking Products: You Can Take Them with You, So Why Don’t You?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 123-154, October.
- Carin van der Cruijsen & Maaike Diepstraten, 2015. "Banking products: you can take them with you, so why don't you?," DNB Working Papers 490, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Chris Berg, 2015. "The Curtin-Chifley Origins of the Australian Bank Deposit Guarantee," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 21-44.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Nili, Farhad, 2015. "Estimating Dual Deposit Insurance Premium Rates and Forecasting Non-performing Loans: Two New Models," ADBI Working Papers 510, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsdepositor discipline; deposit insurance; pay-off; dopositor-level data;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-11-12 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-11-12 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IAS-2005-11-12 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2005-11-12 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d05-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .