Do Depositors Respond Rationally To Bank Risks? Evidence From Japanese Banks During Crises
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kam Hon Chu, 2003. "Deposit Insurance and Banking Crises in the Short and Long Run," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 23(2), pages 265-280, Fall.
- Imai, Masami, 2006.
"Market discipline and deposit insurance reform in Japan,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3433-3452, December.
- Masami Imai, 2006. "Market Discipline and Deposit Insurance Reform in Japan," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2006-007, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- María Soledad Martínez-Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2002.
"Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 5, pages 143-174
Central Bank of Chile.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2001. "Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1029-1051, June.
- Mark Flannery, 2001. "The Faces of “Market Discipline”," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 107-119, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacob Bikker & Dirk Gerritsen & Steffie Schwillens, 2016.
"Competing for savings: how important is creditworthiness during the crisis?,"
DNB Working Papers
493, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- J.A. Bikker & D.F. Gerritsen & Steffie M. Schwillens, 2016. "Competing for savings : how important is creditworthiness during the crisis?," Working Papers 16-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Meslier, Céline & Risfandy, Tastaftiyan & Tarazi, Amine, 2017.
"Dual market competition and deposit rate setting in Islamic and conventional banks,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 318-333.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Working Papers hal-01360021, HAL.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2017. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Post-Print hal-01471747, HAL.
- Allen Berger & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2015. "Do Depositors Discipline Banks and Did Government Actions During the Recent Crisis Reduce this Discipline? An International Perspective," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 103-126, October.
- McQuinn, Kieran & Woods, Maria, 2012. "Modelling the corporate deposits of Irish financial institutions: 2009 - 2010," Research Technical Papers 02/RT/12, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Emmanuelle Nys & Amine Tarazi & Irwan Trinugroho, 2013.
"Political Connections, Bank Deposits, and Formal Deposit Insurance: Evidence from an Emerging Economy,"
- Emmanuelle Nys & Amine Tarazi & Irwan Trinugroho, 2015. "Political Connections, Bank Deposits, and Formal Deposit Insurance: Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Post-Print hal-01134833, HAL.
- Nys, Emmanuelle & Tarazi, Amine & Trinugroho, Irwan, 2015. "Political connections, bank deposits, and formal deposit insurance," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 83-104.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:pacecr:v:14:y:2009:i:5:p:581-592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1361-374X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.