Market Discipline In The Indian Banking Sector: An Empirical Exploration
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||28 Oct 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 19. Published in 'NSE Working Papers', No.24, June 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Sironi, 2000.
"Testing for market discipline in the European banking industry: evidence from subordinated debt issues,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2000-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sironi, Andrea, 2003. " Testing for Market Discipline in the European Banking Industry: Evidence from Subordinated Debt Issues," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 443-72, June.
- Berger, Allen N & Davies, Sally M & Flannery, Mark J, 2000.
"Comparing Market and Supervisory Assessments of Bank Performance: Who Knows What When?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 641-67, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 2000. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 641-670.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 1998. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- J. Caprio & P. Honohan, 2000.
"Restoring Banking Stability: Beyond Supervised Capital Requirements,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 68(1), pages 5-22, 03.
- Gerard Caprio & Patrick Honohan, 1999. "Restoring Banking Stability: Beyond Supervised Capital Requirements," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 43-64, Fall.
- Roberto Steiner & Adolfo Barajas, 2000. "Depositor Behavior and Market Discipline in Colombia," IMF Working Papers 00/214, International Monetary Fund.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2001.
"Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1029-1051, 06.
- María Soledad Martínez-Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2002. "Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 5, pages 143-174 Central Bank of Chile.
- David T. Llewellyn, 2001. "A regulatory regime for financial stability," Working Papers 48, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000.
"Prudential Supervision: Why Is It Important and What are the Issues?,"
NBER Working Papers
7926, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2001. "Prudential Supervision: Why Is It Important and What Are the Issues?," NBER Chapters, in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 1-30 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, Sangkyun & Peristiani, Stavros, 1998. "Market Discipline by Thrift Depositors," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 347-64, August.
- Mark Flannery, 2001. "The Faces of “Market Discipline”," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 107-119, October.
- John S. Jordan, 2000. "Depositor discipline at failing banks," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 15-28.
- Ellis, David M. & Flannery, Mark J., 1992. "Does the debt market assess large banks, risk? : Time series evidence from money center CDs," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 481-502, December.
- Gerard Caprio, Jr. and Patrick Honohan, 2008.
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
- Flannery, Mark J & Sorescu, Sorin M, 1996. " Evidence of Bank Market Discipline in Subordinated Debenture Yields: 1983-1991," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1347-77, September.
- Urs Birchler & Andréa M. Maechler, 2001. "Do Depositors Discipline Swiss Banks?," Working Papers 01.06, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Jagtiani, Julapa & Lemieux, Catharine, 2001. "Market discipline prior to bank failure," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 313-324.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1999. "Do depositors punish banks for"bad"behavior? : market discipline in Argentina, Chile, and Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2058, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0410020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.