Fragility: A Quantitative Analysis of the US Health Insurance System
We develop a quantitative equilibrium model that features tax deductibility of employer-provided coverage, non-discrimination restrictions, fixed costs of coverage and firms that hire discrete numbers of workers in frictional labor markets. We use the calibrated model to understand what drives the patterns of insurance provision with firm size and to evaluate the effects of this system on the flows of workers across health insurance coverage status, labor market flows, as well as on the the size distribution of firms, and aggregate productivity.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2005.
"The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited,"
2005 Meeting Papers
460, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2008. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1692-1706, September.
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2007. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited," IEW - Working Papers 351, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hagedorn, Marcus & Manovskii, Iourii, 2008. "The cyclical behavior of equilibrium unemployment and vacancies revisited," Working Paper Series 0853, European Central Bank.
- Karsten Jeske & Sagiri Kitao, 2007.
"U.S. tax policy and health insurance demand: can a regressive policy improve welfare?,"
2007-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jeske, Karsten & Kitao, Sagiri, 2009. "U.S. tax policy and health insurance demand: Can a regressive policy improve welfare?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 210-221, March.
- Thomasson, Melissa A., 2002. "From Sickness to Health: The Twentieth-Century Development of U.S. Health Insurance," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 233-253, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed009:1246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.