The expanding pharmaceutical arsenal in the war on cancer
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2004. "The Expanding Pharmaceutical Arsenal in the War on Cancer," NBER Working Papers 10328, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Lichtenberg, 2005.
"The Impact of New Drug Launches on Longevity: Evidence from Longitudinal, Disease-Level Data from 52 Countries, 1982–2001,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 47-73, January.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2003. "The impact of new drug launches on longevity: evidence from longitudinal disease-level data from 52 countries, 1982-2001," NBER Working Papers 9754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dubois, Pierre & Kyle, Margaret K, 2016. "The Effects of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Cancer Mortality," CEPR Discussion Papers 11487, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lakdawalla, Darius N. & Sun, Eric C. & Jena, Anupam B. & Reyes, Carolina M. & Goldman, Dana P. & Philipson, Tomas J., 2010. "An economic evaluation of the war on cancer," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 333-346, May.
- Lichtenberg Frank R., 2008. "Pharmaceutical Innovation and U.S. Cancer Survival, 1992-2003: Evidence from Linked SEER-MEDSTAT Data," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Dolan, Paul & Metcalfe, Robert, 2012. "The relationship between innovation and subjective wellbeing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1489-1498.
- Lionel Perrier & Magali Morelle & Nathalie Havet & Anthony Montella & Bertrand Favier & David Perol & Frédéric Gomez & Marie-Odile Carrere & Paul Rebattu, 2009.
"The effect of health care expenditures on survival in locally advanced and metastatic Non Small Cell Lung Cancer,"
0903, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Lionel Perrier & Magali Morelle & Nathalie Havet & Anthony Montella & Bertrand Favier & David Pérol & Frédéric Gomez & Marie-Odile Carrère & Paul Rebattu, 2009. "The effect of health care expenditures on survival in locally advanced and metastatic Non Small Cell Lung Cancer," Post-Print halshs-00371825, HAL.
- Dubois, Pierre & Kyle, Margaret, 2016. "The Effects of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Cancer Mortality Rates," TSE Working Papers 16-688, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Okunade, Albert A., 2004. "Concepts, measures, and models of technology and technical progress in medical care and health economics," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 363-368, July.
- Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Smith, Peter C., 2008. "Does health care spending improve health outcomes? Evidence from English programme budgeting data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 826-842, July.
- Shin-Yun Wang & Chih-Chiang Hwang, 2011. "Application of options to the pharmaceutical markets: The solutions of corruption and counterfeit drugs in emerging markets," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 169-181, June.
More about this item
KeywordsLongevity; innovation; mortality; cancer; pharmaceuticals;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed004:204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .