Inspection Regimes and Regulatory Compliance: How Important is the Element of Surprise?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Makofske, Matthew Philip, 2019. "Inspection regimes and regulatory compliance: How important is the element of surprise?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 30-34.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kjetil Telle, 2009. "The threat of regulatory environmental inspection: impact on plant performance," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 154-178, April.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2011.
"Robust Inference With Multiway Clustering,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 238-249, April.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Jungmin Lee, 2018.
"A Tale of Repetition: Lessons from Florida Restaurant Inspections,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(1), pages 159-188.
- Jin, Ginger Zhe & Lee, Jungmin, 2014. "A Tale Of Repetition:Lessons From Florida Restaurant Inspections," Working Papers 190671, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Jungmin Lee, 2014. "A Tale of Repetition: Lessons from Florida Restaurant Inspections," NBER Working Papers 20596, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Jungmin Lee, 2014.
"Inspection technology, detection, and compliance: evidence from Florida restaurant inspections,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(4), pages 885-917, December.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Jungmin Lee, 2013. "Inspection Technology, Detection and Compliance: Evidence from Florida Restaurant Inspections," NBER Working Papers 18939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jin, Ginger Zhe & Lee, Jungmin, 2014. "Inspection Technology, Detection, And Compliance: Evidence From Florida Restaurant Inspections," Working Papers 190672, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Esther Duflo & Michael Greenstone & Rohini Pande & Nicholas Ryan, 2018.
"The Value of Regulatory Discretion: Estimates From Environmental Inspections in India,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 86(6), pages 2123-2160, November.
- Esther Duflo & Michael Greenstone & Rohini Pande & Nicholas Ryan, 2014. "The Value of Regulatory Discretion: Estimates from Environmental Inspections in India," NBER Working Papers 20590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gray, Wayne B. & Deily, Mary E., 1996. "Compliance and Enforcement: Air Pollution Regulation in the U.S. Steel Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 96-111, July.
- Eckert, Heather, 2004. "Inspections, warnings, and compliance: the case of petroleum storage regulation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 232-259, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Makofske, Matthew, 2020. "Spoiled Food and Spoiled Surprises: Inspection Anticipation and Regulatory Compliance," MPRA Paper 100870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsregulatory inspection; health and safety regulation; monitoring; restaurant hygiene;
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAW-2018-09-03 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:88318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.