Managerial Risk Accounting and Control – A German perspective
Recent developments have sparked a renewed interest concerning risk related topics in nonfinancial companies. Risk management issues directly touch the domain of management accounting and control. In Germany, topics related to the support of corporate or enterprise risk management are commonly discussed under the label of “Risikocontrolling”, which will be translated as Managerial Risk Accounting and Control. However, the conceptual foundation of a risk oriented management accounting respectively managerial accounting for the purpose of decision-facilitation and decision-influence pertaining to risk management is neither well developed nor well diffused and integrated. Therefore, the development of special risk oriented management accounting instruments is considered necessary. The paper aims at giving an overview of the subject and development of “Risikocontrolling” in Germany as well as discussing the necessity and (measurement and behavioural) problems of managerial risk accounting. Finally, a proposal for the design of managerial risk accounting systems will be presented.
|Date of creation:||21 Aug 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001.
"On the coherence of Expected Shortfall,"
cond-mat/0104295, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1449-1475, December.
- Thomas Ahrens & Christopher Chapman, 2000. "Occupational identity of management accountants in Britain and Germany," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 477-498.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001. "Expected Shortfall: a natural coherent alternative to Value at Risk," Papers cond-mat/0105191, arXiv.org.
- Peter Tufano, 1998. "Agency Costs of Corporate Risk Management," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 27(1), Spring.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- James G. March & Zur Shapira, 1987. "Managerial Perspectives on Risk and Risk Taking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(11), pages 1404-1418, November.
- René M. Stulz, 1996. "Rethinking Risk Management," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 9(3), pages 8-25.
- Sprinkle, Geoffrey B., 2003. "Perspectives on experimental research in managerial accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 287-318.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.