Risky consumption among adolescents: A survey for Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacob M. Markman & Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain & Steven G. Rivkin, 2003. "Does peer ability affect student achievement?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 527-544.
- Sergio Jimenez & José M. Labeaga, 1994. "Is it possible to reduce tobacco consumption via alcohol taxation?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 231-241, July.
- DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Donald & Mathios, Alan, 2000. "Racial Difference in the Determinants of Smoking Onset," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 21(2-3), pages 311-340, November.
- Lundborg, Petter, 2006. "Having the wrong friends? Peer effects in adolescent substance use," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 214-233, March.
- R. Duarte & J. Escario & J. Molina, 2014. "Are estimated peer effects on smoking robust? Evidence from adolescent students in Spain," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 1167-1179, May.
- Daniel Aaronson, 1998.
"Using Sibling Data to Estimate the Impact of Neighborhoods on Children's Educational Outcomes,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(4), pages 915-946.
- Daniel Aaronson, "undated". "Using Sibling Data to Estimate the Impact of Neighborhoods on Children's Educational Outcomes," IPR working papers 95-20, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Daniel Aaronson, 1996. "Using sibling data to estimate the impact of neighborhoods on children' s educational outcomes," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues WP-96-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Rosa Duarte & José Escario & José Molina, 2005. "Participation and Consumption of Illegal Drugs among Adolescents," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 11(4), pages 399-415, November.
- Ana Isabel Gil & Jose Alberto Molina, 2007. "Human development and alcohol abuse in adolescence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1315-1323.
- Ana Gil & José Molina, 2009. "Alcohol demand among young people in Spain: an addictive QUAIDS," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 515-530, June.
- Raquel Carrasco & José M. Labeaga & J. David López-Salido, 2005.
"Consumption and Habits: Evidence from Panel Data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 144-165, January.
- Carrasco, Raquel & Labeaga Azcona, J Maria & López-Salido, J David, 2002. "Consumption and Habits: Evidence from Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 3520, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carrasco, Raquel & López-Salido, J. David & Labeaga, José M., 2002. "Consumption and habits : evidence from panel data," UC3M Working papers. Economics we023415, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Federico A.Todeschini & José María Labeaga & Sergi Jiménez Martín, 2010.
"Killing by lung cancer or by diabetes? The trade-off between smoking and obesity,"
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Federico A. & José M Labeaga, 2010. "Killing by Lung Cancer or by Diabetes? The Trade-off Between Smoking and Obesity," Working Papers 465, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Federico A. Todeschini & José María Labeaga, 2010. "Killing by lung cancer or by diabetes? The trade-off between smoking and obesity," Economics Working Papers 1218, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- C. Vilaplana & José M. Labeaga & S. Jiménez-Martín, 2006. "Further evidence about alcohol consumption and the business cycle," Working Papers 2006-06, FEDEA.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & José M. Labeaga & Angel López, 1998. "Participation, heterogeneity and dynamics in tobacco consumption: evidence from cohort data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 401-414.
- Garcia, Jaume & Labeaga, Jose M, 1996. "Alternative Approaches to Modelling Zero Expenditure: An Application to Spanish Demand for Tobacco," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 489-506, August.
- Alejandro Gaviria & Steven Raphael, 2001. "School-Based Peer Effects And Juvenile Behavior," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 257-268, May.
- Rosa Duarte & Jose-Julian Escario & Jose-Alberto Molina, 2011. "'Me, my classmates and my buddies': analysing peer group effects on student marijuana consumption," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 89-105.
- Daiji Kawaguchi, 2004.
"Peer effects on substance use among American teenagers,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 351-367, June.
- Daiji Kawaguchi, 2002. "Peer Effects on Substance Use among American Teenagers," ISER Discussion Paper 0567, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Jose Julian Escario & Jose Alberto Molina, 2001. "Testing for the rational addiction hypothesis in Spanish tobacco consumption," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 211-215.
- Borjas, George J, 1995.
"Ethnicity, Neighborhoods, and Human-Capital Externalities,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 365-390, June.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "Ethnicity, Neighborhoods, and Human Capital Externalities," NBER Working Papers 4912, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Labeaga, Jose M., 1999. "A double-hurdle rational addiction model with heterogeneity: Estimating the demand for tobacco," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 49-72, November.
- Powell, Lisa M. & Tauras, John A. & Ross, Hana, 2005. "The importance of peer effects, cigarette prices and tobacco control policies for youth smoking behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 950-968, September.
- Andrew M. Jones & José M. Labeaga, 2003. "Individual heterogeneity and censoring in panel data estimates of tobacco expenditure," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 157-177.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Rosa Duarte & José Escario & José Molina, 2006. "The psychosocial behaviour of young Spanish smokers," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 176-189, June.
- Escario, Jose Julian & Molina, Jose Alberto, 2004. "Modeling the optimal fiscal policy on tobacco consumption," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 81-93, January.
- Duarte, Rosa & Escario, Jose Julian & Molina, Jose Alberto, 2006. "Marijuana consumption and school failure among Spanish students," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 472-481, October.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Rosa Duarte & José Julián Escario & José Alberto Molina, 2009. "El abuso juvenil de alcohol: estimaciones count data," Revista de Economia Aplicada, Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 17(1), pages 81-104, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsRisky consumption; Adolescents; Spain;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:79465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.