Killing by lung cancer or by diabetes? The trade-off between smoking and obesity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Federico A. & José M Labeaga, 2010. "Killing by Lung Cancer or by Diabetes? The Trade-off Between Smoking and Obesity," Working Papers 465, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Federico A.Todeschini & José María Labeaga & Sergi Jiménez Martín, 2010. "Killing by lung cancer or by diabetes? The trade-off between smoking and obesity," Working Papers 2010-16, FEDEA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Costas Meghir, 1998.
"Estimating Labor Supply Responses Using Tax Reforms,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(4), pages 827-862, July.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Costas Meghir, 1995. "Estimating labour supply responses using tax reforms," IFS Working Papers W95/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Vincenzo Atella & Noemi Pace & Daniela Vuri, 2007. "Wages and Weight in Europe: Evidence using Quantile Regression Model," CHILD Working Papers wp23_07, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2006. "Reply to Jonathan Gruber and Michael Frakes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 389-393, March.
- Courtemanche, Charles, 2009. "Rising cigarette prices and rising obesity: Coincidence or unintended consequence?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 781-798, July.
- Smith Trenton G. & Stoddard Christiana & Barnes Michael G, 2009.
"Why the Poor Get Fat: Weight Gain and Economic Insecurity,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-31, June.
- Trenton Smith & Christiana Stoddard & Michael G. Barnes, 2007. "Why the Poor Get Fat: Weight Gain and Economic Insecurity," Working Papers 2007-16, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Rashad, Inas, 2006.
"Structural estimation of caloric intake, exercise, smoking, and obesity,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 268-283, May.
- Inas Rashad, 2006. "Structural Estimation of Caloric Intake, Exercise, Smoking, and Obesity," NBER Working Papers 11957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Clark & Fabrice Etilé, 2003. "Health Changes and Smoking: An Economic Analysis," DELTA Working Papers 2003-13, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John, 2008.
"Beyond BMI: The value of more accurate measures of fatness and obesity in social science research,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 519-529, March.
- John Cawley & Richard V. Burkhauser, 2006. "Beyond BMI: The Value of More Accurate Measures of Fatness and Obesity in Social Science Research," NBER Working Papers 12291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles L. Baum, 2009. "The effects of cigarette costs on BMI and obesity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 3-19.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2006.
"Taxes, Cigarette Consumption, and Smoking Intensity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1013-1028, September.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2005. "Taxes, Cigarette Consumption and Smoking Intensity," IZA Discussion Papers 1849, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dolores Collado, M., 1997. "Estimating dynamic models from time series of independent cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 37-62.
- Carbone, Jared C. & Kverndokk, Snorre & Rogeberg, Ole Jorgen, 2005. "Smoking, health, risk, and perception," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 631-653, July.
- John Cawley, 2000. "Body Weight and Women's Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 7841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferrando, Sandra, 2017. "Risky consumption among adolescents: A survey for Spain," MPRA Paper 79465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .