Impact of Globalization on Income Inequality in Selected Asian Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose, 2012.
"Trade and Regional Inequality,"
Clark University, vol. 88(2), pages 109-136, April.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2010. "Trade and regional inequality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5347, The World Bank.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2010. "Trade and regional inequality," Working Papers 2010-13, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2011. "Trade and regional inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 8616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Saurav Dev Bhatta, 2002. "Has the increase in world-wide openness to trade worsened global income inequality?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 177-196, April.
- Cassette, Aurélie & Fleury, Nicolas & Petit, Sylvain, 2012. "Income Inequalities and International Trade in Goods and Services: Short- and Long-Run Evidence," MPRA Paper 75205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013.
"Innovation and Income Inequality,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
201311, University of Turin.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013. "Innovation and Income Inequality," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201324, University of Turin.
- Aradhyula, Satheesh V. & Rahman, Tauhidur & Seenivasan, Kumaran, 2007. "Impact of International Trade on Income and Income Inequality," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9999, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Julie Silva & Robin Leichenko, 2003. "Regional Income Inequality and International Trade," Working Papers 03-15, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Naveed Aamir, 2007. "Rural-Urban Income Inequality under Financial Development and Trade Openness in Pakistan: The Econometric Evidence," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 657-672.
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Does Globalization Make the World More Unequal?," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 227-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randolph, Susan M. & Lott, William F., 1993. "Can the Kuznets effect be relied on to induce equalizing growth?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 829-840, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Hepenstrick & Alexander Tarasov, 2015.
"Trade Openness and Cross-country Income Differences,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 271-302, May.
- Hepenstrick, Christian & Tarasov, Alexander, 2013. "Trade Openness and Cross-country Income Differences," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 402, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Londono, Juan Luis & Szekely, Miguel, 1999.
"Income distribution, factor endowments, and trade openness,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 77-101, June.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Juan Luis Londoño & Miguel Székely, 1997. "Income Distribution, Factor Endowments, and Trade Openness," Research Department Publications 4088, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Emiliana Vegas & Chelsea Coffin, 2015. "Cuando el gasto en la educación importa: Un análisis empírico de información internacional reciente," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6803, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Kevin Zhang, 2003. "How Does Globalisation Affect Regional Inequality within A Developing Country? Evidence from China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 47-67.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004.
"The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty and Globalisation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1277, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almas Heshmati, 2010. "The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty, and Globalization," Working Papers id:3237, eSocialSciences.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2005. "The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty, and Globalization," WIDER Working Paper Series 037, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gabriel J. Felbermayr, 2005.
"Dynamic Panel Data Evidence on the Trade-Income Relation,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(4), pages 583-611, December.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel, 2005. "Dynamic panel data evidence on the trade-income relation," Munich Reprints in Economics 20647, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Xu, Bin, 2003. "Trade liberalization, wage inequality, and endogenously determined nontraded goods," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 417-431, August.
- Saurav Dev Bhatta, 2002. "Has the increase in world-wide openness to trade worsened global income inequality?," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(2), pages 177-196.
- Branko Milanovic, 2005.
"Can We Discern the Effect of Globalization on Income Distribution? Evidence from Household Surveys,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 21-44.
- Branko Milanovic, 2003. "Can We Discern The Effect Of Globalization On Income Distribution? Evidence From Household Surveys," HEW 0310002, EconWPA.
- Xiaodong Lu & Guowei Cai, 2011. "Effective Factor Endowments, Trade Openness and Income Distribution in China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 6(2), pages 188-210, June.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2011.
"International trade and income distribution: reconsidering the evidence,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(4), pages 593-619, November.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2005. "International Trade and Income Distribution: Reconsidering the Evidence," Working Papers 2005-17, CEPII research center.
- Wolfgang F. Stolper & Paul A. Samuelson, 1941. "Protection and Real Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 58-73.
- Avik Chakrabarti, 2000. "Does Trade Cause Inequality?," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 1-21, December.
- Saurav Dev Bhatta, 2002. "Has the increase in world-wide openness to trade worsened global income inequality?," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 81(2), pages 177-196, April.
- Xiaodong Lu & Guowei Cai, 2011. "Effective factor endowments, trade openness and income distribution in China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 6(2), pages 188-210, June.
- Baotai Wang & Ajit Dayanandan & Xiaofei Tian, 2008. "The Impact of Economic Globalization on Income Distribution: Empirical Evidence in China," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(35), pages 1-8.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. "Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Ali, Abdiweli M. & Isse, Hodan Said., 2007. "Foreign aid and free trade and their effect on income: a panel analysis," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 41(1), pages 127-142, September.
- Majeed, Dr. Muhammad Tariq, 2013. "Inequality, Trade and Development: Evidence from Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 50337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sehar Munir & Adiqa Kausar Kiani, 2011. ". Relationship between Trade Openness and Inflation: Empirical Evidences from Pakistan (1976–2010)," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 50(4), pages 853-876.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2008:i:35:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meschi, Elena & Vivarelli, Marco, 2009. "Trade and Income Inequality in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 287-302, February.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 2004. "In Defense of Globalization: It Has a Human Face," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 9-20, November-.
- Stephen Dobson & Carlyn Ramlogan, 2009. "Is There an Openness Kuznets Curve?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 226-238, April.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade; Financial; Technological Globalization; Income Inequality; Panel Data; Asia;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F62 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Macroeconomic Impacts
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2016-10-09 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2016-10-09 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.