Impact of Globalization on Income Inequality in Selected Asian Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose, 2012.
"Trade and Regional Inequality,"
Clark University, vol. 88(2), pages 109-136, April.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2010. "Trade and regional inequality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5347, The World Bank.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2010. "Trade and regional inequality," Working Papers 2010-13, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2011. "Trade and regional inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 8616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Saurav Dev Bhatta, 2002. "Has the increase in world-wide openness to trade worsened global income inequality?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 177-196, April.
- Aurélie Cassette & Nicolas Fleury & Sylvain Petit, 2012.
"Income inequalities and international trade in goods and services: short and long-run evidence,"
- Cassette, Aurélie & Fleury, Nicolas & Petit, Sylvain, 2012. "Income Inequalities and International Trade in Goods and Services: Short- and Long-Run Evidence," MPRA Paper 75205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013.
"Innovation and Income Inequality,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
201311, University of Turin.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013. "Innovation and Income Inequality," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201324, University of Turin.
- Aradhyula, Satheesh V. & Rahman, Tauhidur & Seenivasan, Kumaran, 2007. "Impact of International Trade on Income and Income Inequality," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9999, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Julie Silva & Robin Leichenko, 2003. "Regional Income Inequality and International Trade," Working Papers 03-15, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Naveed Aamir, 2007. "Rural-Urban Income Inequality under Financial Development and Trade Openness in Pakistan: The Econometric Evidence," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 657-672.
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Does Globalization Make the World More Unequal?," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 227-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randolph, Susan M. & Lott, William F., 1993. "Can the Kuznets effect be relied on to induce equalizing growth?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 829-840, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Hepenstrick & Alexander Tarasov, 2015.
"Trade Openness and Cross-country Income Differences,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 271-302, May.
- Hepenstrick, Christian & Tarasov, Alexander, 2013. "Trade Openness and Cross-country Income Differences," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 402, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Londono, Juan Luis & Szekely, Miguel, 1999.
"Income distribution, factor endowments, and trade openness,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 77-101, June.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Juan Luis Londoño & Miguel Székely, 1997. "Income Distribution, Factor Endowments, and Trade Openness," Research Department Publications 4088, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Emiliana Vegas & Chelsea Coffin, 2015. "Cuando el gasto en la educación importa: Un análisis empírico de información internacional reciente," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6803, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Kevin Zhang, 2003. "How Does Globalisation Affect Regional Inequality within A Developing Country? Evidence from China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 47-67.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004.
"The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty and Globalisation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1277, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almas Heshmati, 2010. "The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty, and Globalization," Working Papers id:3237, eSocialSciences.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2005. "The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty, and Globalization," WIDER Working Paper Series 037, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gabriel J. Felbermayr, 2005.
"Dynamic Panel Data Evidence on the Trade-Income Relation,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(4), pages 583-611, December.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel, 2005. "Dynamic panel data evidence on the trade-income relation," Munich Reprints in Economics 20647, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Xu, Bin, 2003. "Trade liberalization, wage inequality, and endogenously determined nontraded goods," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 417-431, August.
- Saurav Dev Bhatta, 2002. "Has the increase in world-wide openness to trade worsened global income inequality?," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(2), pages 177-196.
- Branko Milanovic, 2005.
"Can We Discern the Effect of Globalization on Income Distribution? Evidence from Household Surveys,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 21-44.
- Branko Milanovic, 2003. "Can We Discern The Effect Of Globalization On Income Distribution? Evidence From Household Surveys," HEW 0310002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xiaodong Lu & Guowei Cai, 2011. "Effective Factor Endowments, Trade Openness and Income Distribution in China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 6(2), pages 188-210, June.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2011.
"International trade and income distribution: reconsidering the evidence,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(4), pages 593-619, November.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2005. "International Trade and Income Distribution: Reconsidering the Evidence," Working Papers 2005-17, CEPII research center.
- Wolfgang F. Stolper & Paul A. Samuelson, 1941. "Protection and Real Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 58-73.
- Avik Chakrabarti, 2000. "Does Trade Cause Inequality?," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 1-21, December.
- Saurav Dev Bhatta, 2002. "Has the increase in world-wide openness to trade worsened global income inequality?," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 81(2), pages 177-196, April.
- Xiaodong Lu & Guowei Cai, 2011. "Effective factor endowments, trade openness and income distribution in China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 6(2), pages 188-210, June.
- Baotai Wang & Ajit Dayanandan & Xiaofei Tian, 2008. "The Impact of Economic Globalization on Income Distribution: Empirical Evidence in China," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(35), pages 1-8.
- repec:taf:raaexx:v:19:y:2012:i:2:p:167-180 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. "Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Ali, Abdiweli M. & Isse, Hodan Said., 2007. "Foreign aid and free trade and their effect on income: a panel analysis," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 41(1), pages 127-142, September.
- Majeed, Dr. Muhammad Tariq, 2013. "Inequality, Trade and Development: Evidence from Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 50337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sehar Munir & Adiqa Kausar Kiani, 2011. ". Relationship between Trade Openness and Inflation: Empirical Evidences from Pakistan (1976–2010)," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 50(4), pages 853-876.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2008:i:35:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meschi, Elena & Vivarelli, Marco, 2009. "Trade and Income Inequality in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 287-302, February.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 2004. "In Defense of Globalization: It Has a Human Face," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 9-20, November-.
- Stephen Dobson & Carlyn Ramlogan, 2009. "Is There an Openness Kuznets Curve?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 226-238, April.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade; Financial; Technological Globalization; Income Inequality; Panel Data; Asia;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F62 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Macroeconomic Impacts
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2016-10-09 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2016-10-09 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .