Who Gentrifies Low-income Neighborhoods?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Terra McKinnish & Randall Walsh & T. Kirk White, 2008. "Who Gentrifies Low Income Neighborhoods?," Working Papers 08-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Terra McKinnish & Randall Walsh & Kirk White, 2008. "Who Gentrifies Low-Income Neighborhoods?," NBER Working Papers 14036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingrid Gould Ellen & Katherine O'Regan, 2008. "Reversal of Fortunes? Lower-income Urban Neighbourhoods in the US in the 1990s," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(4), pages 845-869, April.
- John M. Clapp & Stephen L. Ross, 2004.
"Schools and Housing Markets: An Examination of School Segregation and Performance in Connecticut,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(499), pages 425-440, November.
- John M. Clapp & Stephen L. Ross, 2001. "Schools and housing markets: an examination of school segregation and performance in Connecticut," Proceedings 910, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- John M. Clapp & Stephen L. Ross, 2002. "Schools and Housing Markets: An Examination of School Segregation and Performance in Connecticut," Working papers 2002-08, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn & Jordan Rappaport, 2000. "Why Do The Poor Live In Cities?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1891, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David Card & Alexandre Mas & Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "Tipping and the Dynamics of Segregation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(1), pages 177-218.
- Sweeney, James L., 1974. "A commodity hierarchy model of the rental housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 288-323, July.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2009.
"Gentrification and Neighborhood Housing Cycles: Will America's Future Downtowns Be Rich?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(4), pages 725-743, November.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2005. "Gentrification and Neighborhood Housing Cycles: Will America’s Future Downtowns Be Rich?," Working Papers 050611, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2005. "Gentrification and Neighborhood Housing Cycles: Will America's Future Downtowns be Rich?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1579, CESifo Group Munich.
- Coulson, N Edward & Bond, Eric W, 1990. "A Hedonic Approach to Residential Succession," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 433-444, August.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S., 2008. "Old homes, externalities, and poor neighborhoods. A model of urban decline and renewal," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 816-840, May.
- Elvin K Wyly & Daniel J Hammel, 2004. "Gentrification, segregation, and discrimination in the American urban system," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(7), pages 1215-1241, July.
- Raphael W. Bostic & Richard W. Martin, 2003. "Black Home-owners as a Gentrifying Force? Neighbourhood Dynamics in the Context of Minority Home-ownership," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(12), pages 2427-2449, November.
More about this item
Keywordsgentrification; neighborhood change; migration;
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2008-01-12 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MIG-2008-01-12 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2008-01-12 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6671. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .