Variable marginal propensities to pirate and the diffusion of computer software
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David C. Schmittlein & Vijay Mahajan, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation for an Innovation Diffusion Model of New Product Acceptance," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 57-78.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Clark, Todd E. & West, Kenneth D., 2007.
"Approximately normal tests for equal predictive accuracy in nested models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 291-311, May.
- Todd E. Clark & Kenneth D. West, 2005. "Approximately normal tests for equal predictive accuracy in nested models," Research Working Paper RWP 05-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Kenneth D. West & Todd Clark, 2006. "Approximately Normal Tests for Equal Predictive Accuracy in Nested Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christophe Van den Bulte & Stefan Stremersch, 2004. "Social Contagion and Income Heterogeneity in New Product Diffusion: A Meta-Analytic Test," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 530-544, July.
- V. Srinivasan & Charlotte H. Mason, 1986. "Technical Note—Nonlinear Least Squares Estimation of New Product Diffusion Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 169-178.
- Jain, Dipak C & Rao, Ram C, 1990. "Effect of Price on the Demand for Durables: Modeling, Estimation, and Findings," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 163-170, April.
- van den Bulte, C. & Stremersch, S., 2003. "Contagion and heterogeneity in new product diffusion: An emperical test," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-077-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Massiani, Jérôme & Gohs, Andreas, 2015.
"The choice of Bass model coefficients to forecast diffusion for innovative products: An empirical investigation for new automotive technologies,"
Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 17-28.
- JÃ©rÃ´me Massiani & Andreas Gohs, 2016. "The choice of Bass model coefficients to forecast diffusion for innovative products: An empirical investigation for new automotive technologies," Working Papers 2016: 37, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Hlavinka, Alexander N. & Mjelde, James W. & Dharmasena, Senarath & Holland, Christine, 2016. "Forecasting the adoption of residential ductless heat pumps," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 60-67.
- John Hauser & Gerard J. Tellis & Abbie Griffin, 2006. "Research on Innovation: A Review and Agenda for," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 687-717, 11-12.
- Elmar Kiesling & Markus Günther & Christian Stummer & Lea Wakolbinger, 2012. "Agent-based simulation of innovation diffusion: a review," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 20(2), pages 183-230, June.
- Hailin Zhang & Xina Yuan & Tae Ho Song, 0. "Examining the role of the marketing activity and eWOM in the movie diffusion: the decomposition perspective," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Peters, Kay & Albers, Sönke & Kumar, V., 2008. "Is there more to international Diffusion than Culture? An investigation on the Role of Marketing and Industry Variables," EconStor Preprints 27678, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Sang-Gun Lee & Eui-bang Lee & Chang-Gyu Yang, 2014. "Strategies for ICT product diffusion: the case of the Korean mobile communications market," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 8(1), pages 65-81, March.
- Singhal, Shakshi & Anand, Adarsh & Singh, Ompal, 2020. "Studying dynamic market size-based adoption modeling & product diffusion under stochastic environment," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
- Rajkumar Venkatesan & Trichy V. Krishnan & V. Kumar, 2004. "Evolutionary Estimation of Macro-Level Diffusion Models Using Genetic Algorithms: An Alternative to Nonlinear Least Squares," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 451-464, August.
- Hailin Zhang & Xina Yuan & Tae Ho Song, 2020. "Examining the role of the marketing activity and eWOM in the movie diffusion: the decomposition perspective," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 589-608, September.
- Dong, Changgui & Sigrin, Benjamin & Brinkman, Gregory, 2017. "Forecasting residential solar photovoltaic deployment in California," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 251-265.
- Yongchao Zeng & Peiwu Dong & Yingying Shi & Yang Li, 2018. "On the Disruptive Innovation Strategy of Renewable Energy Technology Diffusion: An Agent-Based Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-21, November.
- Christophe Van den Bulte & Yogesh V. Joshi, 2007. "New Product Diffusion with Influentials and Imitators," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 400-421, 05-06.
- Silvio Di Fabio, 2017. "Diffusione tecnologica e ICT: modelli ed applicazioni," PRISMA Economia - Societ - Lavoro, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2017(3), pages 92-106.
- Berrin Aytac & S. Wu, 2013. "Characterization of demand for short life-cycle technology products," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 203(1), pages 255-277, March.
- Kim, Namwoon & Srivastava, Rajendra K., 2007. "Modeling cross-price effects on inter-category dynamics: The case of three computing platforms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 290-301, June.
- Laciana, Carlos E. & Rovere, Santiago L. & Podestá, Guillermo P., 2013. "Exploring associations between micro-level models of innovation diffusion and emerging macro-level adoption patterns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(8), pages 1873-1884.
- Sung Yong Chun & Minhi Hahn, 2008. "A diffusion model for products with indirect network externalities," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 357-370.
- Jinah Yang & Daiki Min & Jeenyoung Kim, 2020. "The Use of Big Data and Its Effects in a Diffusion Forecasting Model for Korean Reverse Mortgage Subscribers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-17, January.
- Bemmaor, Albert C. & Zheng, Li, 2018. "The diffusion of mobile social networking: Further study," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 612-621.
More about this item
KeywordsComputers; software; piracy; technology; diffusion;
All these keywords.
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IPR-2013-04-20 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-IUE-2013-04-20 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.