Do consumers buy bread and diamond with the same attachment?
Buying patterns of the country Pakistan has been investigated in regards to high and low involvement products. The investigation has taken various economic indicators namely inflation rate, unemployment rate, interest rate (average) and per capita income (MP) into account. The data years 1991 – 2010 of said economic indicators and high and low involvement products consumption has been analyzed and reported. The results draw to conclusion that unemployment rate, per capita income, inflation and interest rate have an irregular (fluctuating) tendency for the dissimilar time periods. While in the existence of the shocking and fluctuating trends of the outlined economic players consumption patterns of high and low involvement products co move with each other which implies that no matter, the consumers are rich or poor, they have the same buying aptitude for high (diamond) and low (bread) involvement products in the presence of inflation or hyperinflation or the other shocks in macroeconomic players in Pakistani society.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Science Series Data Report 2.4(2012): pp. 42-49|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009.
"Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2532, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lindenberg, Nannette & Westermann, Frank, 2012. "Common trends and common cycles among interest rates of the G7-countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1125-1140.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009. "Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries," Working Papers 77, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Ivan Kitov, 2007.
"Real GDP Per Capita in Developed Countries,"
- F. Thomas Juster & Paul Wachtel, 1972. "Inflation and the Consumer," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(1), pages 71-122.
- Hasan, Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2012. "The crux of green marketing: an empirical effusive study," MPRA Paper 35688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2009.
"A Study On The Association Between Brand Awareness And Consumer/Brand Loyalty For The Packaged Milk Industry In Pakistan,"
21367, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2009.
- Muhammad Imtiaz Subhani & Amber Osman, 2011. "A Study on the Association between Brand Awareness and Consumer/Brand Loyalty for the Packaged Milk Industry in Pakistan," South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS), Iqra University, Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), Iqra University, vol. 5(1), pages 11-12, Spring.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "A study on the association between brand awareness and consumer/brand loyalty for the packaged milk industry in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nadia Zakir & Muhammad Idrees, 2009.
"Trends in Inequality, Welfare, and Growth in Pakistan, 1963-64 to 2004-05,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
22983, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nadia Zakir & Muhammad Idrees, 2009. "Trends in Inequality, Welfare, and Growth in Pakistan, 1963-64 to 2004-05," PIDE-Working Papers 2009:53, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Weber, Warren E, 1975. "Interest Rates, Inflation, and Consumer Expenditures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 843-858, December.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber & Lakhiya, Zubair, 2011. "The Structure and Performance of Economy of Pakistan (Comparative Study between Democratic and Non-Democratic Governments)," MPRA Paper 34732, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45094. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.