Interest Rates, Inflation, and Consumer Expenditures
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 65 (1975)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1988.
"The welfare cost of uncertain tax policy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 129-145, November.
- Jonathan S. Skinner, 1986. "The Welfare Cost of Uncertain Tax Policy," NBER Working Papers 1947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1981. "The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 468-496, June.
- Christophe Chamley, 1980. "The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 553, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paradiso, Antonio & Casadio, Paolo & Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2012. "US inflation and consumption: A long-term perspective with a level shift," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1837-1849.
- Fehr, Hans, 1999. "Welfare Effects of Dynamic Tax Reforms," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 5, number urn:isbn:9783161470165.
- Gandelman, Néstor & Hernández-Murillo, Rubén, 2013. "What do happiness and health satisfaction data tell us about relative risk aversion?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 301-312.
- Néstor Gándelman & Rubén Hernández-Murillo, 2011. "What do happiness and health satisfaction data tell us about relative risk aversion?," Working Papers 2011-039, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hasan, Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Mohammad, 2012. "Co-movements of consumption patterns of high and low involvement products," MPRA Paper 37659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Auerbach, Alan J & Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Skinner, Jonathan, 1983. "The Efficiency Gains from Dynamic Tax Reform," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(1), pages 81-100, February.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Jonathan Skinner, 1981. "The Efficiency Gains from Dynamic Tax Reform," NBER Working Papers 0819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garber, Alan M. & Phelps, Charles E., 1997. "Economic foundations of cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Alan M. Garber & Charles E. Phelps, 1992. "Economic Foundations of Cost Effective Analysis," NBER Working Papers 4164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1982. "Tax Policy, the Rate of Return, and Savings," NBER Working Papers 0995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jianakoplos, Nancy A. & Menchik, Paul L. & Irvine, F. Owen, 1996. "Saving behavior of older households: Rate-of-return, precautionary and inheritance effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 111-120, January.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Hasan, Syed Akif & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2012. "Do consumers buy bread and diamond with the same attachment?," MPRA Paper 45094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Néstor Gandelman & Rafael Porzecanski, 2013. "Happiness Inequality: How Much is Reasonable?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 257-269, January.
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2015. "Population ageing and prices in an OLG model with money created by credits," MPRA Paper 66056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Igor Fedotenkov, 2016. "Population ageing and inflation with endogenous money creation," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 23, Bank of Lithuania.
- Richard Cebula & Shyam Menon, 2008. "Musgrave’s “target saver” theory: Implications for macroeconomic stability and economic policy effectiveness”," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(4), pages 426-433, October.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1984. "The After-Tax Rate of Return Affects Private Savings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 249-253, May.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "The After Tax Rate of Return Affects Private Savings," NBER Working Papers 1351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Casadio, Paolo & Paradiso, Antonio, 2010. "Inflation and consumption in a long term perspective with level shift," MPRA Paper 25980, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:65:y:1975:i:5:p:843-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed