Firm R&D units and outsourcing partners: A matching story
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anita Wölfl & Juan S. Mora-Sanguinetti, 2011. "Reforming the Labour Market in Spain," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 845, OECD Publishing.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Jeremy C. Stein, 2008.
"Academic freedom, private-sector focus, and the process of innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 39(3), pages 617-635.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Jeremy C. Stein, 2005. "Academic Freedom, Private-Sector Focus, and the Process of Innovation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2089, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Stein, Jeremy C. & Dewatripont, Mathias & Aghion, Philippe, 2008. "Academic Freedom, Private-Sector Focus, and the Process of Innovation," Scholarly Articles 3637074, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Jeremy C. Stein, 2005. "Academic Freedom, Private-Sector Focus, and the Process of Innovation," NBER Working Papers 11542, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Andrew A. Toole, 2011.
"Patent Protection, Market Uncertainty, and R&D Investment,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 147-159, February.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Toole, Andrew A., 2006. "Patent protection, market uncertainty, and R&D investment," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-056, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Toole, Andrew A. & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2008. "Patent Protection, Market Uncertainty, and R&D Investment," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-056 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Leiponen, Aija, 2005. "Skills and innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 303-323, June.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Bernd Ebersberger & Andreas Fier, 2007. "The relationship between R&D collaboration, subsidies and R&D performance: Empirical evidence from Finland and Germany," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1347-1366.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2005:i:79-80:p:05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ángela Vásquez-Urriago & Andrés Barge-Gil & Aurelia Rico & Evita Paraskevopoulou, 2014.
"The impact of science and technology parks on firms’ product innovation: empirical evidence from Spain,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 835-873, September.
- Vásquez Urriago, Ángela Rocio & Barge-Gil, Andrés & Modrego Rico, Aurelia & Paraskevopoulou, Evita, 2011. "The impact of science and technology parks on firms´ product innovation: empirical evidence from Spain," MPRA Paper 30555, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Juan Alcácer & Wilbur Chung, 2007. "Location Strategies and Knowledge Spillovers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(5), pages 760-776, May.
- Belderbos, Rene & Carree, Martin & Diederen, Bert & Lokshin, Boris & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2004. "Heterogeneity in R&D cooperation strategies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1237-1263, November.
- Laura Abramovsky & Rupert Harrison & Helen Simpson, 2007.
"University Research and the Location of Business R&D,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(519), pages 114-141, March.
- Laura Abramovsky & Rupert Harrison & Helen Simpson, 2007. "University research and the location of business R&D," IFS Working Papers W07/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Cockburn, Iain M & Henderson, Rebecca M, 1998. "Absorptive Capacity, Coauthoring Behavior, and the Organization of Research in Drug Discovery," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 157-182, June.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2002. "Links and Impacts: The Influence of Public Research on Industrial R&D," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Garicano, Luis & Hubbard, Thomas N., 2005. "Hierarchical sorting and learning costs: Theory and evidence from the law," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 349-369, October.
- Laura Abramovsky & Elisabeth Kremp & Alberto Lopez & Tobias Schmidt & Helen Simpson, 2009. "Understanding co-operative innovative activity: evidence from four European countries," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 243-265.
- Michelle Gittelman & Bruce Kogut, 2003. "Does Good Science Lead to Valuable Knowledge? Biotechnology Firms and the Evolutionary Logic of Citation Patterns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 366-382, April.
- Luis Garicano, 2000. "Hierarchies and the Organization of Knowledge in Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 874-904, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herrera, Liliana & Nieto, Mariano, 2016. "PhD careers in Spanish industry: Job determinants in manufacturing versus non-manufacturing firms," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 341-351.
More about this item
KeywordsFirm R&D Units; Outsourcing; External Partners; Optimal Matching;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-06-09 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2013-06-09 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2013-06-09 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2013-06-09 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-PPM-2013-06-09 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SBM-2013-06-09 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44090. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.