University and inter-firm R&D collaborations: propensity and intensity of cooperation in Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Aghion & Nick Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2005.
"Competition and Innovation: an Inverted-U Relationship,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 701-728.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted U Relationship," NBER Working Papers 9269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Aghion, Philippe & Blundell, Richard & Bloom, Nick, 2005. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Scholarly Articles 4481507, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicolas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and innovation: an inverted U relationship," IFS Working Papers W02/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Carboni, Oliviero A., 2012. "An empirical investigation of the determinants of R&D cooperation: An application of the inverse hyperbolic sine transformation," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 131-141.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Pavitt, K, 2001. "Public Policies to Support Basic Research: What Can the Rest of the World Learn from US Theory and Practice? (And What They Should Not Learn)," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 761-779, September.
- Brown, James R. & Martinsson, Gustav & Petersen, Bruce C., 2012.
"Do financing constraints matter for R&D?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 1512-1529.
- Brown, James R. & Martinsson, Gustav & Petersen, Bruce C., 2015. "Do Financing Constraints Matter for R&D?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 394, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2007.
"Coherency And Completeness Of Structural Models Containing A Dummy Endogenous Variable,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1379-1392, November.
- Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Coherence and Completeness of Structural Models Containing a Dummy Endogenous Variable," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 456, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 04 Sep 2006.
- Nicholas Bloom & Renata Lemos & Raffaella Sadun & Daniela Scur & John Reenen, 2014. "Jeea-Fbbva Lecture 2013: The New Empirical Economics Of Management," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 835-876, August.
- Thomas Bolli & Martin Woerter, 2013.
"Competition and R&D cooperation with universities and competitors,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 38(6), pages 768-787, December.
- Thomas Bolli & Martin Woerter, 2011. "Competition and R&D cooperation with universities and competitors," KOF Working papers 11-275, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Martínez Ros, Ester & Corchuelo, Beatriz & Busom, Isabel, 2011.
"Tax incentives and direct support for R&D : what do firms use and why?,"
INDEM - Working Paper Business Economic Series
id-11-03, Instituto para el Desarrollo Empresarial (INDEM).
- Isabel Busom & Beatriz Corchuelo & Ester Martinez Ros, 2012. "Tax incentives and direct support for R&D: What do firms use and why?," Working Papers wpdea1212, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Federico Etro & Kornelius Kraft, 2014.
"Endogenous Market Structures and Innovation by Leaders: An Empirical Test,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(321), pages 117-139, January.
- Federico Etro & Dirk Czarnitzki & Kornelius Kraft, 2011. "Endogenous Market Structures and Innovation by Leaders: an Empirical Test," Working Papers 2011_04, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Tether, Bruce S., 2002. "Who co-operates for innovation, and why: An empirical analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 947-967, August.
- Carlos Arias & Thomas Cox, 2001.
"Estimation of a US dairy sector model by maximum simulated likelihood,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 1201-1211.
- Carlos Arias & THOMAS L. COX, 1998. "Estimation of a U.S. Dairy Sector Model by Maximum Simulated Likelihood," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 417, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Arias, Carlos & Cox, Thomas L., 1998. "Estimation Of A U.S. Dairy Sector Model By Maximum Simulated Likelihood," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20804, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jan Boone, 2008.
"A New Way to Measure Competition,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(531), pages 1245-1261, August.
- Boone, J., 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2004-004, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, J., 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2004-31, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boone, Jan, 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 4330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laursen, Keld & Salter, Ammon, 2004. "Searching high and low: what types of firms use universities as a source of innovation?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1201-1215, October.
- William N. Evans & Robert M. Schwab, 1995. "Finishing High School and Starting College: Do Catholic Schools Make a Difference?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 941-974.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1974. "Multivariate Regression and Simultaneous Equation Models when the Dependent Variables Are Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 999-1012, November.
- repec:ags:stataj:116115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hottenrott, Hanna & Lopes-Bento, Cindy, 2014.
"(International) R&D collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 1055-1066.
- Hottenrott, Hanna & Lopes-Bento, Cindy, 2012. "(International) R&D collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-086, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hottenrott, Hanna & Lopes-Bento, Cindy, 2013. "(International) R&D collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes," DICE Discussion Papers 121, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- LOPES BENTO Cindy & HOTTENROTT Hanna, 2012. "(International) R&D Collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes," LISER Working Paper Series 2012-36, LISER.
- repec:ags:stataj:180074 is not listed on IDEAS
- De Fuentes, Claudia & Dutrénit, Gabriela, 2012. "Best channels of academia–industry interaction for long-term benefit," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1666-1682.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2002. "Links and Impacts: The Influence of Public Research on Industrial R&D," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 1-23, January.
- James R. Brown & Steven M. Fazzari & Bruce C. Petersen, 2009. "Financing Innovation and Growth: Cash Flow, External Equity, and the 1990s R&D Boom," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(1), pages 151-185, February.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2002. "Complementarity in the Innovation Strategy: Internal R&D, External Technology Acquisition and Cooperation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3284, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Enrica Detragiache & Paolo Garella & Luigi Guiso, 2000. "Multiple versus Single Banking Relationships: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1133-1161, June.
- Laura Abramovsky & Elisabeth Kremp & Alberto Lopez & Tobias Schmidt & Helen Simpson, 2009. "Understanding co-operative innovative activity: evidence from four European countries," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 243-265.
- David Roodman, 2011. "Fitting fully observed recursive mixed-process models with cmp," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 11(2), pages 159-206, June.
- Segarra-Blasco, Agusti & Arauzo-Carod, Josep-Maria, 2008. "Sources of innovation and industry-university interaction: Evidence from Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1283-1295, September.
- Motohashi, Kazuyuki, 2005. "University-industry collaborations in Japan: The role of new technology-based firms in transforming the National Innovation System," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 583-594, June.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2002. "An empirical test of models explaining research expenditures and research cooperation: evidence for the German service sector," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 747-774, June.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2003.
"Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-17.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 278-294, September.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 10, Stata Users Group.
More about this item
KeywordsFirm R&D collaborations; University; Cooperative effort; EU;
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jtecht:v:41:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s10961-015-9403-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.