Economic crisis and the role of state policies in current globalized economy. The case of Greece
Almost 80 years after the big crash in USA and a new, bigger and more important crisis has appeared in the globalized economy in the middle of 2008. Crisis affects negatively almost all the fields of human life like development, employment, living conditions. One of the states largely affected is Greece which reacted in order to face the negative effects In the first part of this paper it is examined the character of the crisis and its consequences in Greece and in the second one it is examined and evaluated the policies that Greek government implemented as a response.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lori L. Leachman & Guillermo Rosas & Peter Lange & Alan Bester, 2007. "The Political Economy Of Budget Deficits," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 369-420, November.
- Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Berger, Helge & de Haan, Jakob, 2004.
"Which variables explain decisions on IMF credit? An extreme bounds analysis,"
2004/15, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Helge Berger & Jakob de Haan, 2005. "Which Variables Explain Decisions On Imf Credit? An Extreme Bounds Analysis," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 177-213, 07.
- Helge Berger & Jakob de Haan & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2005. "Which Variables Explain Decisions on IMF Credit? An Extreme Bounds Analysis ," TWI Research Paper Series 13, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Kapstein, Ethan B., 2000. "Winners and Losers in the Global Economy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(02), pages 359-384, March.
- Mark Weisbrot & Rebecca Ray, 2011. "Latvia's Internal Devaluation: A Success Story?," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2011-25, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Nouriel Roubini, 1997.
"Politically Motivated Fiscal Deficits: Policy Issues in Closed and Open Economies,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 27-54, 03.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Nouriel Roubini, 1995. "Politically Motivated Fiscal Deficits: Policy Issues in Closed and Open Economies," Working Papers 95-21, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Cyrus Bina & Behzad Yaghmaian, 1990. "Post-war Global Accumulation and the Transnationalization of Capital," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 78-97, March.
- Angelos Antzoulatos, 2011. "Greece in 2010: A Tragedy Without(?) Catharsis," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(3), pages 241-257, August.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2008.
"Mountains in a flat world: why proximity still matters for the location of economic activity,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
23322, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2008. "Mountains in a flat world: why proximity still matters for the location of economic activity," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 371-388.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2008. "Mountains in a flat world: Why proximity still matters for the location of economic activity," Working Papers 2008-09, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Udo Staber, 2007. "Contextualizing Research on Social Capital in Regional Clusters," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 505-521, 09.
- Kevin R. Cox, 2008. "Globalization, uneven development and capital: reflections on reading Thomas Friedman's The World Is Flat," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 389-410.
- Georgios P. Kouretas & Prodromos Vlamis, 2010. "The Greek Crisis: Causes and Implications," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(4), pages 391-404, December.
- Easterly, William, 2006. "An identity crisis? Examining IMF financial programming," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 964-980, June.
- McKenzie, David J., 2003. "How do Households Cope with Aggregate Shocks? Evidence from the Mexican Peso Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1179-1199, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43650. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.