Introducción a la econometría espacial: Una aplicación al estudio de la fecundidad en la Argentina usando R
[Introduction to Spatial Econometrics: An application to the study of fertility in Argentina using R]
Spatial econometrics is a relatively young branch econometric but with a great growth in the last decades. The complexity of spatial analysis and the estimation of spatial models has been the major obstacle for applied studies. The aim of this paper is to contribute to the diffusion of spatial tools developed. Specifically, this paper performs a concise review of the theoretical aspects that involve the spatial treatment. We also present an empirical application of the techniques discussed. Using the statistical program R, we analyze the determinants of fertility in Argentina.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bryant,W. Keith & Zick,Cathleen D., 2006. "The Economic Organization of the Household," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805278, Junio.
- Jesús Mur & Ana Angulo, 2005. "Model selection strategies in a spatial context," Documentos de Trabajo dt2005-06, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Bryant,W. Keith & Zick,Cathleen D., 2006. "The Economic Organization of the Household," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521801416, Junio.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, December.
- Henk Folmer & Johan Oud, 2008. "How to get rid of W: a latent variables approach to modelling spatially lagged variables," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(10), pages 2526-2538, October.
- Esteban FernÃ¡ndez-VÃ¡zquez & MatÃas Mayor-FernÃ¡ndez & Jorge RodrÃguez-VÃ¡lez, 2009. "Estimating Spatial Autoregressive Models by GME-GCE Techniques," International Regional Science Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 148-172, April.
- Bivand, Roger & Müller, Werner G. & Reder, Markus, 2009. "Power calculations for global and local Moran's," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 2859-2872, June.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- P Bodson & D Peeters, 1975.
"Estimation of the Coefficients of a Linear Regression in the Presence of Spatial Autocorrelation. An Application to a Belgian Labour-Demand Function,"
Environment and Planning A,
SAGE Publishing, vol. 7(4), pages 455-472, June.
- P Bodson & D Peeters, 1975. "Estimation of the coefficients of a linear regression in the presence of spatial autocorrelation. An application to a Belgian labour-demand function," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 7(4), pages 455-472, April.
- Lancaster, Tony, 2000. "The incidental parameter problem since 1948," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 391-413, April.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Ruud, Paul A., 2000. "An Introduction to Classical Econometric Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195111644, December.
- Michael Tiefelsdorf & Daniel A Griffith, 2007. "Semiparametric filtering of spatial autocorrelation: the eigenvector approach," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(5), pages 1193-1221, May.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.