Debt trap - monetary indicators of Hungary's indebtedness
In the circumstances of the financial crisis, sovereign debts have increased with an effect on foreign exchange rates (NEERs), CDS spreads, market liquidity and debt exposures in foreign currencies. This study aims to examine the features of the Hungarian sovereign debt by analysing the possible interactions among the variables and also the monetary aspects of debt financing. At the end, some conclusions are drawn from a monetary perspective.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rebecca L Driver & Peter F Westaway, 2005. "Concepts of equilibrium exchange rates," Bank of England working papers 248, Bank of England.
- Balazs Vonnak, 2008.
"The Hungarian monetary transmission mechanism: an assessment,"
BIS Papers chapters,
in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Transmission mechanisms for monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 35, pages 235-257
Bank for International Settlements.
- Balázs Vonnák, 2007. "The Hungarian Monetary Transmission Mechanism: an Assessment," MNB Working Papers 2007/3, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Balazs Egert, 2006.
"Central Bank Interventions, Communication and Interest Rate Policy in Emerging European Economies,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
0615, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Egert, Balazs, 2007. "Central bank interventions, communication and interest rate policy in emerging European economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 387-413, June.
- Balazs Egert, 2006. "Central Bank Interventions, Communication and Interest Rate Policy in Emerging European Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1869, CESifo Group Munich.
- Balázs Égert, 2006. "Central Bank Interventions, Communication and Interest Rate Policy in Emerging European Economies," Working Papers 134, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles, 2002.
"Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 913-940, July.
- M.B. Devereux & Ch. Engel, 2003. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through, Exchange Rate Volatility, and ExchangeRate Disconnect," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 77, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 2002. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through, Exchange Rate Volatility, and Exchange Rate Disconnect," NBER Working Papers 8858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- András Rezessy, 2010. "Analysing currency risk premia in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia," MNB Working Papers 2010/7, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.