The fading scope of labour – remarks about the lost rationale of a common term
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joachim H. Spangenberg, 2002. "The changing contribution of unpaid work to the total standard of living in sustainable development scenarios," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(4), pages 461-475.
- Maarten Goos & Alan Manning, 2007.
"Lousy and Lovely Jobs: The Rising Polarization of Work in Britain,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 118-133, February.
- Goos, Maarten & Manning, Alan, 2003. "Lousy and lovely jobs: the rising polarization of work in Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20002, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Maarten Goos & Alan Manning, 2003. "Lousy and Lovely Jobs: the Rising Polarization of Work in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0604, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Biewen, Martin & Steffes, Susanne, 2010.
"Unemployment persistence: Is there evidence for stigma effects?,"
Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 188-190, March.
- Biewen, Martin & Steffes, Susanne, 2008. "Unemployment Persistence: Is There Evidence for Stigma Effects?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-057, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Melissa S. Kearney, 2008. "Trends in U.S. Wage Inequality: Revising the Revisionists," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 300-323, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.75.5.502_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Mann, 2008. "From friendly turns towards trade – on the interplay between cooperation and markets," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 326-337, April.
- Oberholzer-Gee, Felix, 2008. "Nonemployment stigma as rational herding: A field experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 30-40, January.
- Veerle Miranda, 2011. "Cooking, Caring and Volunteering: Unpaid Work Around the World," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 116, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mann, Stefan, 2013. "“Work”? On utility in the market and in the unpaid sphere," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 86-91.
More about this item
Keywordslabor; redistributional/reproductive function; paid work; unpaid work;
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- J00 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2012-06-25 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-06-25 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .