Revisiting the Feldstein-Horioka Hypothesis of savings, investment and capital mobility: evidence from 27 EU countries
This paper is an attempt to estimate the magnitude of integration for capital mobility among EU economies for the time period 1991-2009. It has been empirically observed that there is strong evidence in favor of higher degree of capital mobility for many EU countries, especially at euro currency period and in euro zone. We conclude that short run and long run capital mobility test based on Feldstein-Horioka (F-H) estimation method is likely to provide a measure of EU capital mobility.]
|Date of creation:||18 Feb 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS 1.4(2010): pp. 71-90|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krol, Robert, 1996. "International capital mobility: evidence from panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 467-474, June.
- Dimitris Christopoulos, 2007. "A reassessment of the Feldstein-Horioka hypothesis of perfect capital mobility: evidence from historical data," Empirica, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 273-280, July.
- Jos Jansen, W, 1996. "Estimating saving-investment correlations: evidence for OECD countries based on an error correction model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 749-781, October.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry Coakley & Ana-Maria Fuertes & Fabio Spagnolo, 2004. "Is the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle History?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(5), pages 569-590, 09.
- W. Jansen, 1998. "Interpreting Saving-Investment Correlations," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 207-219, July.
- Obstfeld,Maurice & Taylor,Alan M., 2004.
"Global Capital Markets,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521633178, June.
- Murphy, Robert G., 1984. "Capital mobility and the relationship between saving and investment rates in OECD countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 327-342, December.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980.
"Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-29, June.
- Kollias, Christos & Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2008. "The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle across EU members: Evidence from the ARDL bounds approach and panel data," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 380-387.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.