Financial integration faced with the crisis: comparative cases of Greece and Portugal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- João Andrade, 2008. "European integration and external sustainability of the European Union: an application of the thesis of Feldstein and Horioka," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 15(1), pages 21-36, July.
- Sachsida, Adolfo & Caetano, Marcelo Abi-Ramia, 2000. "The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 85-88, July.
- Montiel, Peter J, 1994.
"Capital Mobility in Developing Countries: Some Measurement Issues and Empirical Estimates,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 8(3), pages 311-350, September.
- Montiel, Peter J., 1993. "Capital mobility in developing countries : some measurement issues and empirical estimates," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1103, The World Bank.
- Mohammad, Masud Alam & Mohammad, Rafiqul Islam, 2010. "Revisiting the Feldstein-Horioka Hypothesis of savings, investment and capital mobility: evidence from 27 EU countries," MPRA Paper 39383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
451, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending," Economics Working Papers 90-146, University of California at Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1990. "Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending," NBER Working Papers 3411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990. "Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt82z7083m, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Hogendorn, Christiaan, 1998. "Capital Mobility in Historical Perspective," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 141-161, April.
- Bertrand Blancheton, 2008. "Histoire de la mondialisation," Post-Print hal-00249995, HAL.
- Despina Petreska & Nikica Mojsoska-Blazevski, 2013. "The Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle And Transition Economies," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 58(197), pages 23-46, April – J.
- Marc Flandreau & Marie-Chantale Riviere, 1999. "La Grande Retransformation ? Integration financiere internationale et controles de capitaux, 1880-1997," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 78, pages 11-58.
- Jérome Hericourt & Mathilde Maurel, 2006.
"A new look at the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle: a European-regional perspective,"
Brussels Economic Review,
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 49(2), pages 147-168.
- Jérôme Héricourt & Mathilde Maurel, 2005. "A new look at the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle : an "European-regional" perspective," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00196383, HAL.
- Jérôme Héricourt & Mathilde Maurel, 2005. "A new look at the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle : an "European-Regional" perspective," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques j05070, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jérôme Héricourt & Mathilde Maurel, 2006. "A New Look at the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle: A “European-Regional” Perspective," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00267478, HAL.
- Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida & Smith, Ron, 1996. "Current Account Solvency and the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 620-627, May.
- Baxter, Marianne & Crucini, Mario J, 1993. "Explaining Saving-Investment Correlations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 416-436, June.
- Javed Younas & Debasish Chakraborty, 2011. "Globalization and the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(16), pages 2089-2096.
- Saten Kumar & Don J. Webber & Scott Fargher, 2012. "Testing the validity of the Feldstein--Horioka puzzle for Australia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 599-605, February.
- Ho, Tsung-Wu, 2003. "The saving-retention coefficient and country-size: The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle reconsidered," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 387-396, September.
- Tesar, Linda L., 1991.
"Savings, investment and international capital flows,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 55-78, August.
- Tesar, L.L., 1988. "Savings, Investment And International Capital Flows," RCER Working Papers 154, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tesar, L.L., 1988. "Savings, Investment And International Capital Flows," Papers 64, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Irina Syssoyeva-Masson & João de Sousa Andrade, 2015. "Capital Mobility in the Enlarged Europe: A New Look at the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle using a Quantile Regression Approach," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 125(4), pages 571-599.
- Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida, 1997. "Cointegration of long span saving and investment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Coakley, Jerry & Hasan, Farida & Smith, Ron, 1999. "Saving, Investment, and Capital Mobility in LDCs," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 632-640, November.
- Kollias, Christos & Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2008. "The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle across EU members: Evidence from the ARDL bounds approach and panel data," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 380-387.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2007. "La these de Feldstein-Horioka: une mesure de la mobilité internationale du capital," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 54(1), pages 53-67, March.
- Ketenci, Natalya, 2012.
"The Feldstein–Horioka Puzzle and structural breaks: Evidence from EU members,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 262-270.
- Ketenci, Natalya, 2010. "The Feldstein –Horioka Puzzle and structural breaks: evidence from EU members," MPRA Paper 26010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1990. "Saving-Investment Correlations: Immobile Capital, Government Policy, or Endogenous Behavior?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 360-387, June.
- Jos Jansen, W, 1996. "Estimating saving-investment correlations: evidence for OECD countries based on an error correction model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 749-781, October.
- Kasuga, Hidefumi, 2004. "Saving-investment correlations in developing countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 371-376, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial integration; Feldstein–Horioka thesis; Crisis; ARDL model with error correction; Simulation;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:inrvec:v:64:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12232-017-0272-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.