Técnicas para datos multinivel: Aplicación a los determinantes del rendimiento educativo
[Techniques for multilevel data: Application to the determinants of educational performance]
This paper consists of the application of the Hierarchical lineal model (multilevel methodology) which takes in consideration the interaction between individual and aggregated variables. It is intented to measure eterminants of student performance in their last year of school in three departments of Tucuman’s province (educational census year 2000). Data has multilevel structure indeed students belong to different schools. The GEE method “Generalized Estimated Equation”, suitable for conglomerate data, allows to model correlation between students within the same school. So multilevel modeling strategies are more likely to produce unbiased estimators than Least Squares, which suppose independence between observations.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Laurence E. Lynn, Jr., 1999.
"Means and Ends: A Comparative Study of Empirical Methods For Investigating Governance and Performance,"
9915, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Laurence E. Lynn Jr., 1999. "Means And Ends: A Comparative Study Of Empirical Methods For Investigating Governance And Performance," JCPR Working Papers 109, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera & Teresa Reinaga, 1999. "Factores que inciden en el rendimiento escolar en Bolivia," Documentos de Trabajo 61, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1995.
"Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 227-46, August.
- Eric A. Hanushek, . "Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries," Wallis Working Papers WP3, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2000. "Determinación de factores explicativos de los resultados escolares en educación media en Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 85, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997.
"Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions,"
NBER Working Papers
6051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1999. "Experimental Estimates Of Education Production Functions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(2), pages 497-532, May.
- Alan Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," Working Papers 758, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.