Public Good Provision with Convex Costs
This paper considers a model of voluntary public good provision with two players and convex costs. I demonstrate that the provision of public good is higher in the sequential framework under fairly general conditions. This outcome shows that introducing convex costs may reverse under some condition the results of Varian ( 1994).
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Varian, Hal R., 1994. "Sequential contributions to public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Parimal Bag & Santanu Roy, 2008.
"On Sequential and Simultaneous Contributions under Incomplete Information,"
Departmental Working Papers
0805, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Parimal Bag & Santanu Roy, 2011. "On sequential and simultaneous contributions under incomplete information," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 40(1), pages 119-145, February.
- Giuseppe Russo & Luigi Senatore, 2012.
"Who Contributes? A Strategic Approach to a European Immigration Policy,"
CSEF Working Papers
306, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Giuseppe Russo & Luigi Senatore, 2013. "Who contributes? A strategic approach to a European immigration policy," IZA Journal of Migration, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Russo, Giuseppe & Senatore, Luigi, 2011. "Who Contributes? A Strategic Approach to a European Immigration Policy," MPRA Paper 33421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Martimort & Humberto Moreira, 2010.
"Common agency and public good provision under asymmetric information,"
- Martimort, David & Moreira, Humberto, 2010. "Common agency and public good provision under asymmetric information," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5(2), May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36984. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.