The river sharing problem: A review of the technical literature for policy economists
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rodney Beard, 2011. "The river sharing problem : A review of the technical literature for policy economists," Post-Print hal-00827354, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Erik Ansink & Hans-Peter Weikard, 2012.
"Sequential sharing rules for river sharing problems,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 38(2), pages 187-210, February.
- Erik Ansink & Hans-Peter Weikard, 2009. "Sequential Sharing Rules for River Sharing Problems," Working Papers 2009.114, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Rodica Branzei & Giulio Ferrari & Vito Fragnelli & Stef Tijs, 2008. "A Flow Approach to Bankruptcy Problems," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 146-153, September.
- Parrachino, Irene & Dinar, Ariel & Patrone, Fioravante, 2006. "Cooperative game theory and its application to natural, environmental, and water resource issues : 3. application to water resources," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4074, The World Bank.
- Marco Mariotti & Antonio Villar, 2005. "The Nash rationing problem," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 33(3), pages 367-377, September.
- d'Albis, Hippolyte & Ambec, Stefan, 2010.
"Fair intergenerational sharing of a natural resource,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 170-183, March.
- Ambec, Stefan & D'Albis, Hippolyte, 2009. "Fair Intergenerational Sharing of a Natural Resource," TSE Working Papers 09-084, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Stefan Ambec, 2010. "Fair Intergenerational Sharing of a Natural Resource," Post-Print hal-00630440, HAL.
- d'ALBIS Hippolyte & AMBEC Stefan, 2009. "Fair intergenerational sharing of a natural resource," LERNA Working Papers 09.23.299, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Weber, Marian L., 2001. "Markets for Water Rights under Environmental Constraints," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 53-64, July.
- Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2004. "Cooperation and allocation," Other publications TiSEM ab33e762-204c-46e2-86b1-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Mitsuo Suzuki & Mikio Nakayama, 1976. "The Cost Assignment of the Cooperative Water Resource Development: A Game Theoretical Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(10), pages 1081-1086, June.
- Ambec, S. & Ehlers, L., 2007. "Cooperation and equity in the river sharing problem," Working Papers 200705, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Thomson, William, 2003. "Axiomatic and game-theoretic analysis of bankruptcy and taxation problems: a survey," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 249-297, July.
- Ni, Debing & Wang, Yuntong, 2007. "Sharing a polluted river," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 176-186, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- CN Mbatha & GG Antrobus, 2013. "Institutions and economic research: A case of location externalities on agricultural resource allocation in the Kat River basin, South Africa: A Rejoinder," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(2), pages 136-145, June.
- Nadine Wittmann, 2014. "A Microeconomic Perspective on Water Resources Management: Analyzing the Effects on Optimal Land Rents Along a River Basin," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(5), pages 1309-1325, March.
- Alcalde-Unzu, Jorge & Gómez-Rúa, María & Molis, Elena, 2015.
"Sharing the costs of cleaning a river: the Upstream Responsibility rule,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 134-150.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Maria Gomez-Rua & Elena Molis, 2013. "Sharing the costs of cleaning a river: the Upstream Responsibility rule," ThE Papers 13/03, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & María Gómez-Rúa & Elena Molis, 2013. "Sharing the costs of cleaning a river: the Upstream Responsibility rule," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1301, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Nadine Wittmann, 2014. "A Note on Distortional Distributional Effects in River Basin Discharge Permit Trade," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(1), pages 279-285, January.
- Wittmann Nadine, 2013. "A microeconomic analysis of the socio-economic situation along the Kat River Water Basin: Comment," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(2), pages 128-135, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRiver sharing problem; Bankruptcy; Cooperative game theory; Water resouyrce allocation; distributive justice;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2011-11-07 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2011-11-07 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.