An evaluation of the direct costs of abatement under the main desulphurisation technologies
This study summarizes the available information on the technical characteristics and costs of those sulphur abatement technol¬ogies in operation at present or coming into operation in the near future. Relying on disaggregated source data and using engineering cost functions and various technical and economic assumptions, the least cost curves of sulphur abatement for all the European countries have been derived and some examples are presented. Finally, a sensitivity analysis of abatement strategies and costs to some alternative assumptions about energy futures is presented
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Newbery, David M, 1993. "The Impact of EC Environmental Policy on British Coal," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 66-95, Winter.
- George Halkos & John Hutton, . "Acid Rain Games in Europe," Discussion Papers 93/12, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Halkos, George E., 1993. "Sulphur abatement policy: Implications of cost differentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1035-1043, October.
- George Halkos, 1994. "Optimal abatement of sulphur emissions in Europe," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 127-150, April.
- Highton, N. H. & Webb, Michael G., 1980. "Sulphur dioxide from electricity generation Policy options for pollution control," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 61-76, March.
- Highton, Nicolas H. & Webb, Michael G., 1984. "The effects on electricity prices in england and wales of notional sulphur dioxide emission standards for power stations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 70-83, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32588. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.