Investigating the cultural patterns of corruption: A nonparametric analysis
By using a sample of 77 countries our analysis applies several nonparametric techniques in order to reveal the link between national culture and corruption. Based on Hofstede’s cultural dimensions and the corruption perception index, the results reveal that countries with higher levels of corruption tend to have higher power distance and collectivism values in their society.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gundlach, Erich & Paldam, Martin, 2009.
"The transition of corruption: From poverty to honesty,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 146-148, June.
- Gundlach, Erich & Paldam, Martin, 2008. "The transition of corruption: From poverty to honesty," Kiel Working Papers 1411, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Erich Gundlach & Martin Paldam, 2008. "The Transition of Corruption: From Poverty to Honesty," Kiel Working Papers 1411, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Gokcekus, Omer, 2008. "Is it protestant tradition or current protestant population that affects corruption?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 59-62, April.
- Hauk, Esther & Saez-Marti, Maria, 2002.
"On the Cultural Transmission of Corruption,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 311-335, December.
- Esther Hauk & Maria Sáez, 1999. "On the cultural transmission of corruption," Economics Working Papers 392, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Hauk, Esther & Sáez-Martí, María, 2001. "On the Cultural Transmission of Corruption," Working Paper Series 564, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Sáez Martí, María & Hauk, Esther, 1998. "On the cultural transmission of corruption," UC3M Working papers. Economics 4143, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Amir N. Licht & Chanan Goldschmidt & Shalom H. Schwartz, 2003.
"Culture Rules: The Foundations of the Rule of Law and Other Norms of Governance,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2003-605, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Licht, Amir N. & Goldschmidt, Chanan & Schwartz, Shalom H., 2007. "Culture rules: The foundations of the rule of law and other norms of governance," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 659-688, December.
- Racine, Jeffrey S., 2008. "Nonparametric Econometrics: A Primer," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 3(1), pages 1-88, March.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- Racine, Jeff, 1997. "Consistent Significance Testing for Nonparametric Regression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 369-378, July.
- Gokcekus, Omer & Knorich, Jan, 2006. "Does quality of openness affect corruption?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 190-196, May.
- Barr, Abigail & Serra, Danila, 2010.
"Corruption and culture: An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 862-869, December.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011.
"Modelling the effect of national culture on multinational banks' performance: A conditional robust nonparametric frontier analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 515-525.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011. "Modelling the effect of national culture on multinational banks' performance: A conditional robust nonparametric frontier analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 515-525, January.
- Jeffrey Racine, 2008. "Nonparametric econometrics: a primer (in Russian)," Quantile, Quantile, issue 4, pages 7-56, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32546. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.