Analysis of Purchasing power parity with data for Macedonia
This paper examines PPP parity theory with data for Macedonia. We test the empirical consensus in this literature that real exchange rates tend towards PPP in the very long run, also we use co-integration Engle-Granger method and error correction mechanism. The hypothesis we test that PPP theory holds in long run in the case of Macedonia, and this hypothesis is proven to be true.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aasim M. Husain & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff, 2003.
"Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes,"
IMF Working Papers
03/243, International Monetary Fund.
- Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Aasim M. Husain, 2004. "Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes," IMF Occasional Papers 229, International Monetary Fund.
- Bogoev, Jane & Bojceva Terzijan, Sultanija & Égert, Balázs & Petrovska, Magdalena, 2008. "Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Macedonia: Old Wisdoms and New Insights," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-19.
- Bogoev, Jane & Bojceva Terzijan, Sultanija & Égert, Balázs & Petrovska, Magdalena, 2007. "Real exchange rate dynamics in Macedonia: Old wisdoms and new insights," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-37, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jane Bogoev & Sultanija Bojceva Terzijan & Balazs Egert & Magdalena Petrovska, 2008. "Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Macedonia: Old Wisdoms and New Insights," Working Papers 2008-01, National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.