Monetary transmission in low income countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo & Peter Montiel, 2010. "Monetary transmission in low income countries," Center for Development Economics 2010-06, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo & Peter Montiel, 2010. "Monetary transmission in low income countries," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-14, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Peter J Montiel & Antonio Spilimbergo & Prachi Mishra, 2010. "Monetary Transmission in Low Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/223, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mario Holzner, 2006. "Real Exchange Rate Distortion in Southeast Europe," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 68, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Emmanuel K. K. Lartey & Federico S. Mandelman & Pablo A. Acosta, 2012.
"Remittances, Exchange Rate Regimes and the Dutch Disease: A Panel Data Analysis,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 377-395, May.
- Emmanuel K. K. Lartey & Federico S. Mandelman & Pablo A. Acosta, 2008. "Remittances, exchange rate regimes, and the Dutch disease: a panel data analysis," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2008-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Acosta, Pablo A. & Lartey, Emmanuel K.K. & Mandelman, Federico S., 2009. "Remittances and the Dutch disease," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 102-116, September.
- Ramey, Valerie, 1993.
"How important is the credit channel in the transmission of monetary policy?,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-45, December.
- Valerie A. Ramey, 1993. "How Important is the Credit Channel in the Transmission of Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 4285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pablo A. Acosta & Nicole Rae Baerg & Federico S. Mandelman, 2009. "Financial development, remittances, and real exchange rate appreciation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, pages 1-12.
- Ewa Wrobel & Tomasz Lyziak & Jan Przystupa, 2008. "Monetary Policy Transmission in Poland: a Study of the Importance of Interest Rate and Credit Channels," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2008/1 edited by Morten Balling, March.
- Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan, 2005. "What Undermines Aid’s Impact on Growth?," IMF Working Papers 05/126, International Monetary Fund.
- Le Viet, H. & Pfau, W.D., 2009. "VAR Analysis of the Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Vietnam," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Mohsin S. Khan & Axel Schimmelpfennig, 2006. "Inflation in Pakistan: Money or Wheat?," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 2, pages 213-234..
- Aasim M. Husain & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff, 2003.
"Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes,"
IMF Working Papers
03/243, International Monetary Fund.
- Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Aasim M. Husain, 2004. "Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes," IMF Occasional Papers 229, International Monetary Fund.
- Harold Ngalawa & Nicola Viegi, 2011.
"Dynamic Effects Of Monetary Policy Shocks In Malawi,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 79(3), pages 224-250, September.
- Harold Ngalawa & Nicola Viegi, 2011. "Dynamic Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks in Malawi," Working Papers 217, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Harold Ngalawa & Nicola Viegi, 2011. "Dynamic Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks in Malawi," Working Papers 201112, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Zulfiqar Hyder & Adil Mahboob, 2006. "Equilibrium Real Effective Exchange Rate and Exchange Rate Misalignment in Pakistan," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 2, pages 237-263..
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999. "Exchange rates and financial fragility," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 329-368.
- Martin Petri & Tahsin Saadi-Sedik, 2006. "To Smooth or Not to Smooth—The Impact of Grants and Remittances on the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate in Jordan," IMF Working Papers 06/257, International Monetary Fund.
- Konstantins Benkovskis, 2008. "Is there a Bank Lending Channel of Monetary Policy in Latvia? Evidence from Bank Level Data," Working Papers 2008/01, Latvijas Banka.
- Ziaei, Sayyed Mahdi, 2009. "Assess The Long Run Effects Of Monetary Policy On Bank lending,Foreign Asset and Liability In MENA Countries," MPRA Paper 14331, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Balázs Égert & Ronald MacDonald, 2009.
"Monetary Transmission Mechanism In Central And Eastern Europe: Surveying The Surveyable,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 277-327, April.
- Balázs Égert & Ronald MacDonald, 2008. "Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Central and Eastern Europe: Surveying the Surveyable," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 654, OECD Publishing.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2004. "Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1407-1417, August.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:91:y:1997:i:03:p:531-551_21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lone Christiansen & Alessandro Prati & Luca Antonio Ricci & Thierry Tressel, 2010.
"External Balance in Low-Income Countries,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2009, pages 265-322
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jimborean, Ramona, 2009. "The role of banks in the monetary policy transmission in the new EU member states," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 360-375, December.
- Jean-François Segalotto & Marco Arnone & Bernard J Laurens, 2006. "Measures of Central Bank Autonomy; Empirical Evidence for OECD, Developing, and Emerging Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 06/228, International Monetary Fund.
- Carlyn Ramlogan, 2004. "The transmission mechanism of monetary policy: Evidence from the Caribbean," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(5), pages 435-447, October.
- Yves Bourdet & Hans Falck, 2006. "Emigrants' remittances and Dutch Disease in Cape Verde," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 267-284.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2010. "Financial Institutions and Markets across Countries and over Time: The Updated Financial Development and Structure Database," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 77-92, January.
- Fiorella De Fiore, 1998. "The Transmission of Monetary Policy in Israel," IMF Working Papers 98/114, International Monetary Fund.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1994. "Workers Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Quantitative Framework," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 235-245.
- Georgy Ganev & Krisztina Molnar & Krzysztof Rybinski & Przemyslaw Wozniak, 2002. "Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy in Centraland Eastern Europe," CASE Network Reports 0052, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Claudia Kwapil & Johann Scharler, 2006. "Limited Pass-Through from Policy to Retail Interest Rates: Empirical Evidence and Macroeconomic Implications," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 4, pages 26-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Perera, Anil & Wickramanayake, J., 2016. "Determinants of commercial bank retail interest rate adjustments: Evidence from a panel data model," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-20.
- Muhammad-Bashir Owolabi Yusuf & Gairuzazmi Mat Ghani & Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera, 2013. "The Challenges of Implementing Gold Dinar in Kelantan: An Empirical Analysis," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 5(3), pages 97-114, October.
- Ma, Yong & Lin, Xingkai, 2016. "Financial development and the effectiveness of monetary policy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 1-11.
- Nikoloz Gigineishvili, 2011. "Determinants of Interest Rate Pass-Through; Do Macroeconomic Conditions and Financial Market Structure Matter?," IMF Working Papers 11/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Ghazanchyan, Manuk, 2014.
"Unraveling the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism in Sri Lanka,"
59444, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manuk Ghazanchyan, 2014. "Unraveling the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism in Sri Lanka," IMF Working Papers 14/190, International Monetary Fund.
- Aysun, Uluc & Brady, Ryan & Honig, Adam, 2013. "Financial frictions and the strength of monetary transmission," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1097-1119.
- Andrew Berg & Filiz D Unsal & Rafael A Portillo, 2010. "On the Optimal Adherence to Money Targets in a New-Keynesian Framework; An Application to Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/134, International Monetary Fund.
- Ila Patnaik & Ajay Shah & Rudrani Bhattacharya, 2011.
"Monetary Policy Transmission in an Emerging Market Setting,"
IMF Working Papers
11/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Bhattacharya, Rudrani & Patnaik, Ila & Shah, Ajay, 2011. "Monetary policy transmission in an emerging market setting," Working Papers 11/78, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Adigozalov, Shaig & Huseynov, Salman, 2015.
"İnflyasiya hədəflənməsinin əməliyyat çərçivəsi: ölkə təcrübələri AMB üçün nə vəd edir?
[Operational framework of Inflation Targeting: what promises do country experiences make to the CBAR?]," MPRA Paper 76349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Santiago Acosta Ormaechea & David O Coble Fernandez, 2011. "The Monetary Transmission in Dollarized and Non-Dollarized Economies; The Cases of Chile, New Zealand, Peru and Uruguay," IMF Working Papers 11/87, International Monetary Fund.
- Francis Leni Anguyo & Rangan Gupta & Kevin Kotze, 2017.
"Monetary Policy and Financial Frictions in a Small Open-Economy Model for Uganda,"
School of Economics Macroeconomic Discussion Paper Series
2017-01, School of Economics, University of Cape Town.
- Francis Leni Anguyo & Rangan Gupta & Kevin Kotze, 2017. "Monetary Policy and Financial Frictions in a Small Open-Economy Model for Uganda," Working Papers 201710, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Nyorekwa, Enock Twinoburyo & Odhiambo, Nicholas Mbaya, 2016. "Can monetary policy drive economic growth? empirical evidence from Tanzania," Working Papers 21122, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Anastasiou, Dimitrios, 2017. "Macroeconomic Determinants of MIR Rate: Evidence from the Euro area," MPRA Paper 80972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jamilov, Rustam, 2012. "Channels of Monetary Transmission in the CIS," MPRA Paper 39568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mauricio Moura & Caio Piza & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, 2011. "The Distributive Effects of Land Titleon Labor Supply; Evidence From Brazil," IMF Working Papers 11/131, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Angola; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/302, International Monetary Fund.
- Patrick Mumbi Chileshe & Olusegun Ayodele Akanbi, 2016. "The effect of Bank competition on the effectiveness of the Interest Rate Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," International Journal of Economic Sciences, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 5(3), pages 10-32, September.
- Guizani, Brahim, 2015. "Effectiveness of Monetary Policy In Economies in Democratic Transition: Evidence from Tunisia," MPRA Paper 63205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:81:y:2018:i:c:p:159-184 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsbanks; credit; exchange rate; institutions; interest rate; Monetary policy;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:7951. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.