Size and specialization as determinant of iberian port performance: new methodology to group different ports
The Iberian ports can be characterized in different types regarding the type of specialization, bulk cargo or general cargo, and size as determinants of efficiency. Focus is made on the gaps of literature about port efficiency regarding size and specialization. Data envelopment analysis (DEA) methodology is used. Conclusion about the existence of 5 port groups recurring to size and specialization variables, with significant different characteristics and performance.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lourdes Trujillo & Beatriz Tovar, 2007.
"The European Port Industry: An Analysis of its Economic Efficiency,"
Maritime Economics & Logistics,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 9(2), pages 148-171, June.
- Trujillo, L. & Tovar, B., 2007. "The European port industry: an analysis of its economic efficiency," Working Papers 07/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Dong-Wook Song & Ki-Tae Yeo, 2004. "A Competitive Analysis of Chinese Container Ports Using the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 6(1), pages 34-52, March.
- Kevin Cullinane & Dong-Wook Song & Tengfei Wang, 2005. "The Application of Mathematical Programming Approaches to Estimating Container Port Production Efficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 73-92, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Estache, Antonio & Perelman, Sergio & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2005. "Infrastructure performance and reform in developing and transition economies: evidence from a survey of productivity measures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3514, The World Bank.
- Gu-Tae Yeo & Dong-Wook Song, 2006. "An Application of the Hierarchical Fuzzy Process to Container Port Competition: Policy and Strategic Implications," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 409-422, July.
- María Manuela González & Lourdes Trujillo, 2009.
"Efficiency Measurement in the Port Industry: A Survey of the Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 43(2), pages 157-192, May.
- Gonzalez, M. & Trujillo, L., 2007. "Efficiency measurement in the port industry: a survey of the empirical evidence," Working Papers 07/08, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Tongzon, Jose & Heng, Wu, 2005. "Port privatization, efficiency and competitiveness: Some empirical evidence from container ports (terminals)," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 405-424, June.
- Ro-Kyung Park & Prabir De, 2004. "An Alternative Approach to Efficiency Measurement of Seaports," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 6(1), pages 53-69, March.
- Teng-Fei Wang & Kevin Cullinane, 2006. "The Efficiency of European Container Terminals and Implications for Supply Chain Management," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 8(1), pages 82-99, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.