The container terminal characteristics and customer’s satisfaction
This paper attempts to evaluate and understand the port sector senior managers’ perception relative to the influence of the port characteristics and specific container terminals in customers’ satisfaction. The SEM (Structural Equation Modelling) methodology is used to confirm the investigation model. The sample is composed by 151 valid responses, each one of them regarding a specific terminal of a set of 12 Portuguese and Spanish container terminals. The results confirm the influence of the port and container terminal characteristics in customer’s satisfaction.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Colégio Espírito SANTO|
Phone: (351) 266 740 869
Web page: http://www.cefage.uevora.pt
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hung, Shiu-Wan & Lu, Wen-Min & Wang, Tung-Pao, 2010. "Benchmarking the operating efficiency of Asia container ports," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(3), pages 706-713, June.
- Stephen Cahoon, 2007. "Marketing communications for seaports: a matter of survival and growth," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 151-168, April.
- Onut, Semih & Tuzkaya, Umut R. & Torun, Erçin, 2011. "Selecting container port via a fuzzy ANP-based approach: A case study in the Marmara Region, Turkey," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 182-193, January.
- Francesca Medda & Gianni Carbonaro, 2007. "Growth of Container Seaborne Traffic in the Mediterranean Basin: Outlook and Policy Implications for Port Development," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(5), pages 573-587, January.
- Cullinane Kevin & Song Dong-Wook & Ji Ping & Wang Teng-Fei, 2004. "An Application of DEA Windows Analysis to Container Port Production Efficiency," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Vítor Caldeirinha & J. Augusto Felício & Andreia Dionísio, 2013. "Effect of the container terminal characteristics on performance," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_13, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Bichou, K. & Gray, R., 2005. "A critical review of conventional terminology for classifying seaports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 75-92, January.
- Su-Han Woo & Stephen Pettit & Anthony K C Beresford, 2011. "Port evolution and performance in changing logistics environments," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 13(3), pages 250-277, September.
- Mateus Magala & Adrian Sammons, 2008. "A New Approach to Port Choice Modelling," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 10(1-2), pages 9-34, March.
- Tongzon, Jose & Heng, Wu, 2005. "Port privatization, efficiency and competitiveness: Some empirical evidence from container ports (terminals)," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 405-424, June.
- Lourdes Trujillo & Beatriz Tovar, 2007.
"The European Port Industry: An Analysis of its Economic Efficiency,"
Maritime Economics & Logistics,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 9(2), pages 148-171, June.
- Trujillo, L. & Tovar, B., 2007. "The European port industry: an analysis of its economic efficiency," Working Papers 07/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Marshall Fisher, 2000. "Supply Chain Inventory Management and the Value of Shared Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1032-1048, August.
- Teng-Fei Wang & Kevin Cullinane, 2006. "The Efficiency of European Container Terminals and Implications for Supply Chain Management," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 8(1), pages 82-99, March.
- Chang, Young-Tae & Lee, Sang-Yoon & Tongzon, Jose L., 2008. "Port selection factors by shipping lines: Different perspectives between trunk liners and feeder service providers," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 877-885, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfe:wpcefa:2013_14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Pacheco)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.